I could be a knockout !!

Options
I have known for the last 15 years that I could be a knockout if I just lost those 25 lbs.
Now I am 45 years old and I am wasting my life looking average and can't figure out why that is.

I have been counting calories that I eat for the fist time ever with this wonderful app and it is amazing how many bad choices we make everyday not even knowing.

I have obtained results so far that are encouraging, but I realize that I need to purchase a calorie counter for the exercise I do so that I can also measuree that.

I know that counting calories that I eat and calories that I exercise is not enough. I need to find that "whatever it is" within me that has stopped me from being a knockout and get rid of it so that I can enjoy the rest of my life knowing that I am as gorgeous as I know that I can be.

Any support is welcome!!!

Aicha.

Replies

• skeele
    skeele Posts: 72
    Options
    I feel the same way. If I lost the weight I need to... I would look Hot!!! You can do it!!!
  • charitydc
    charitydc Posts: 106
    Options
    Maybe it isn't something in you that needs to get rid of...Maybe it's something in you you need to find and embrace it! You look very beautiful in your pic. Just accept that you are already Hot and the healthier and fitter you...will just make you even HOTTER :)

Charity
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I think i would actually be moderatly attractive if I lost weight.. I dont think i will ever be super hot.. but i would settle for not totally gross lol
  • RMLMoore
    RMLMoore Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    First of all, you are already pretty fabulous! It's too bad that you don't see it yet. Work on your confidence and I believe the rest will follow. You may be struggling with a touch of perfectionism and there are a lot of good books on how to deal with and build up your self esteem. Most counsellors can help with it as well.

Secondly, I saw myself in a whole new way when I got the help of an stylist/image consultant. They helped me see potential that I had not been making the most of - and also told me the clothes I was wearing weren't making the most of me! After the first consult and a few new outfits, I had so many people ask if I had lost weight and that was before I had even lost a pound. It gave me a lot of confidence and the motivation to get going.

Good luck!
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    don't go spending your money... the exercise app on MFP is pretty awesome and accurate. I put in the amount of minutes I do an exercise and it tells me the calories. Huge list too... it is on the phone app too... and whether you have extra weight or not, I am sure you are fabulous... I know I am, even if I still have 120 pounds to lose!!!
  • LilBrat71
    LilBrat71 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think you're beautiful just the way you are. You'll only improve on your beauty when you reach your goal :) Best of luck to you!
  • 1FitMom326
    1FitMom326 Posts: 228
    Options
    I think that you are very beautiful and as you lose weight I think your confidence will continue to grow. With each compliment you receive on weight loss and your hard work it will help you to feel that way. You are already beautiful and as you said when you reach your goal weight you will be gorgeous and I hope you feel that way as well.
  • aichabp
    aichabp Posts: 9
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, I think that I am quite attractive and with the right clothes people wouldn't believe that I have to lose weight.

All I am saying that if I lost those 25 lbs I could seriously be a knockout. You know, the kind that wears a 2 piece swimsuit at the pool and everyone looks at. Yep that could be me. If I am that close I should just make it happen. I am the best that I can be at almost everything else in my life, This is the one think that I have not conquered...yet. :)

I tried the time tracker but it just doesn't work for me since one of the ways that I am excercising is by increasing my daily activity. You know, like parking farther, go up on the stairs instead of the elevator, etc. How do you track that time? Too much!

I would like to have a tool that would just tell me at the end of the night how many calories I used. That is when I record my calories eaten in a chart on my bathrooom. I then entered it on my computer once per week and even create my own tracking graphs.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    We are all knockouts inside our shells...and it's only ourselves that decide when we want to come out of our shell.

Glad you're here and joining this wonderful community. Good luck on your journey.
  • JackieJ13
    JackieJ13 Posts: 93
    Options
    Maybe it isn't something in you that needs to get rid of...Maybe it's something in you you need to find and embrace it! You look very beautiful in your pic. Just accept that you are already Hot and the healthier and fitter you...will just make you even HOTTER :)

Charity
    I totally agree. You can still look hot and pretty as you are. I think it's partly a mindset.
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You know, this is my motivation a lot of the time - "How hot can I get??" I often wonder if that is the right stuff to make this weight loss thing work long term. Beauty fades - no matter how thin you are. And then, what are you left with? Need to also work on our character....
  • aichabp
    Options
    I think that it is fun to see how "Hot" you can get.
    It's like a game.
    The same kind of game as how high can I get in the corporate ladder.
    I, by no means, measure my self worth on this.
    I know who I am and who I am is pretty awesome!
    However, If I loose those 25 lbs, I could not only look HOT but I could also buy cuter clothes.
    :)
  • aichabp
    Options
    Thank you!
    It looks like you are way on your way to accomplish your goal.
    Kudos for that!