My Wedding Ring is falling Off.

Options
I have been married for almost 8 years (together 14) and have NEVER removed my wedding and engagement rings except when my fingers were swollen during pregnancy. I hate not having my rings on, but lately I am finding that I have to remove my rings during the day as they are getting loose and slipping on my fingers (spinning around and sliding up and down a bit). Yes this is very exciting as it is a definate sign that I am losing weight, but it also means that I am going to have to be out of pocket a bit when I reach my goal weight as I will have to get my 3 rings (wedding, engagement and eternity) re-sized (never a cheap option). So yay for losing weight but I wish I could make money for each kg I lose so I could afford all the new expenses I am going to have (new clothes, re-sizing my rings and then probably wanting to get a new hairstyle etc to go with the new body.)
As long as I am losing weight though, I will still celebrate!!!

Replies

• jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I had a metal guard put in my wedding ring. They said it would be difficult to resize. The guard is working great. Congrats on the weight loss!
  • ohthatmomma
    ohthatmomma Posts: 115
    Options
    Congratulations on the weightloss!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Congrats! that is wonderful ; )
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    How exciting!!! I think it might be a sign that you're supposed to get a new husband!

lol....sorry couldn't resist!
  • elizwelshman
    Options
    Congrats on the weightloss!! :smile:
  • stacimusmax
    stacimusmax Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. Yeah!
    However, my husband and I are separated and he is planning a divorce. I still don't want to take them off :(
  • WEN575
    WEN575 Posts: 34
    Options
  • WEN575
    WEN575 Posts: 34
    Options
    Ah thanks for all the congrats. I still have a long way to go (need to lose another 30kg) but it feels good to have noticeable signs that I am making progress.
    and @ Leelalosing ...I LOVE IT!!
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I have the same issue, but I LOVE it because over the years I have resized my wedding ring twice. Unfortunately, that resizing meant making it bigger. I used to tell myself that the gold just shrunk! :) I am going to really enjoy paying to resize it smaller when I do it. I will wait until I lose my goal weight before doing that, though. I also have a ring from work that I earned as a performance incentive. I can now only wear that to special meetings because it literally falls off my hand.

And here is a typically guy question (you know our brains are limited due to genetics, right?), but what is an eternity ring? My wife has an engagement ring, a wedding ring and another band that I gave her when I renewed our vows (a suprise renewal, by the way, in Turks and Caicos). But I don't know what an eternity ring is.
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    But I don't know what an eternity ring is.

It is a token of affection given to your partner when it seems like it has been an eternity and there
    is nothing else you can think to do. ;)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I bought a pack of these clear plastic things to slip on my rings at walmart,keeps them right in place,not that noticable.they cost like a dollar i think.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Yup, plastic ones from Walmart! A jeweler once told me that the metal rings scratch your rings too much and do damage in the end, so the plastic ones are best.

$1 :)

Congrats on your NSV!!
  • JulyHummingbird
    JulyHummingbird Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    We took my husband's ring to a jeweler and they put a layer of acrylic inside the band. Cost $8 and worked like a charm.

Congrats on your success!
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

It is a token of affection given to your partner when it seems like it has been an eternity and there

That's funny! I have 20 years of marriage under my belt, so I am often in that "don't know what to give" situation. But this kind of sounds like a marketing ploy from jewelery companies to create more business. Maybe I am just cynical...
  • angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I wish mine would fit! I've been married for 8 years and haven't worn my original ring in 3 years. Looking forward to when it fits again. Congrats! :smile:
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Yay for you. My wedding ring still fits fine, but an heirloom diamond ring I've worn since marriage does not. I had it sized down when we got married, and then back up a few years later (boo), but I'm thrilled that it no longer fits. Sad that I can't wear it right now, but I was too worried it would slip off and get lost.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

That's funny! I have 20 years of marriage under my belt, so I am often in that "don't know what to give" situation. But this kind of sounds like a marketing ploy from jewelery companies to create more business. Maybe I am just cynical...

I have fourteen years of marriage under my belt, and "this kind of sounds like a marketing ploy from jewelry companies to create more business" kind of sounds like you can't figure out what to give, but you're pretty sure you don't want it to be over $20. Maybe I am just cynical. :tongue:

BTW, OP - Congrats!!!
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I now wear my ring on my thumb
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! I had to do the same thing last year. I chose to get a metal ring guard instead, because we knew that we wanted kids and I know my fingers will most likely swell during pregnancy so I can just take to guard off if necessary. Our jeweler is a family friend so he didn't charge us, but I would think it's a lot less expensive then re-sizing. If you still want to lose more weight that will keep the rings in place until you hit your goal and you'll only have to re-size once.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!