You've got me in your evil clutches

Options
Hey guys. I'm a 24 yo female from Austria and I'm about to lose my excess fat in earnest now. I've tried to lose weight before but always got too lazy to pull through.

But this time I've got a very motivating deadline to meet: I want to make significant changes in my health and fitness so I can dazzle my SO when he comes back from the US in early August. I don't really care what the scale says as long as I feel better and lose some inches so Exercise will be a big part of my routine. I've started doing 30 min on the elliptical every day as well as some strength work outs and plan on doing that till I reach my goal of 63kg.

I just want to say hi to everyone and hope this community will help keeping me motivated and on course.

Replies

• david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Welcome Monakia87!

You will find friends on here who will encourage and support you - this site is a great tool to help focus on calories in/out, and seeing what others are doing is encouraging too...

Best of luck!

David
  • monakia87
    monakia87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you. So far (well it's just been 6 hours) this has been a great experience.
  • laurabeerotten
    Options
    Welcome! I find this place so wonderfully supportive and I hope you will too!

On an unrelated side note, I traveled to different parts of Austria with my college choir a few years ago and it was one of the best experiences of my life... so I find it really cool (and maybe I'm a little jealous) that you get to live there!
  • monakia87
    monakia87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome.

Where are you from? I live in a really rural part of Austria (3 sides of my garden border on fields) but fortunately it's flat enough around here for riding a bike without heaving like a blacksmith's bellows.

What kinds of exercise do you do?
  • laurabeerotten
    Options
    I live in the US, in Kentucky. Very rural as well.

I do a little bit of everything so I don't get too bored. I'm on a cardio kick right now, doing lots of walking and biking, and the elliptical. Once final examination week at school is over (next week!!) and now that the two weeks of non-stop rain are over, I plan on venturing back to the gym to hit the weights and hitting the outdoor basketball court.