Scales problem/when will i see physical effects?

Options
Hi everyone,

So today I actually weighed myself with a different set of scales which are newer and probably more accurate. I was 213.4lbs. When i weighed myself on my old set of scales which I have been using, i was 211.5lbs!

I am pretty sure that the newer set of scales are more accurate and I figured that the old set of scales are too generous by about 2lbs. So i went back to my weight loss table and added 2lbs to everything.

That means i've lost 6.6lbs (almost half a stone) since the 24th April! (in 6 days!) Can that be right!? I feel different but I don't know if I look that different! I suppose my main question is at what stage do you really notice a difference in your body shape?

Thanks

J

Replies

• aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    i lost about the same in my first week... but it has slowed right down now (6 weeks on monday)
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    oh and i am starting to feel diffrent now
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    It's a bit different for everyone based on their height and weight. Personally, when I first started, I weighed about 100 pounds more than you do now, and I didn't see the physical fruits of my labor until about 25 - 30 pounds of weight loss. The initial loss is generally water weight coming off, then afterwards fat starts coming off. Just keep at it and you'll see progress soon enough. I wish you much success on your journey.