Dear scale....

Options
Dear Scale,

You broke my heart today. Week 3 of weight watchers/working out and you say i gained half a pound. I dont understand. I have hit plateaus like this in the past but after i had already lost 20 pounds or so. This time i lose 7.5 and then i gain.

I know i cant give up, i can only move forward but i ask myself WHY? Why already a gain? is it my age? Do i need to change my workouts? What i am i doing wrong? Did this happen to anyone else? how did the following weigh in or week go ?

Replies

• MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I beg of you to stick with it. For a while I thought my middle name should be plateau. I hit a month long one after losing 10lbs then MORE then a month when I hit a total of 20lbs lost. After that I just stopped weighing in, it got too depressing. I could see and feel the changes happening in my body but I felt like I still needed the vaildation of the number.

Giving up the scale was great for me, it was very freeing. Seven weeks total and in the end I got out of my plateau and lost 5lbs. Just don't stop working at it. I KNOW I'm going to hit another plateau... but it's a great feeling once you break through.
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    could be t.o.m or sodium or water weight gain. don't get discouraged and don't beat up your scale.
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i am right with ya sister. i lost 30 and i cant seem to lose the rest. i want to get down to the same weight you are aspiring to do. i am going to cut out soda all together to see if that makes a difference. i thought diet would be ok but i think that is why i cant lose anymore. dont give up eventually we will have success stories where we can say hey i did it
  • cj1234cj23
    cj1234cj23 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I Know how you feel. I only lost .5 pounds this week! But I did my body fat and lost 2% body fat so I'm supposing that's a good thing :happy: . Using the scale as a validation is exactly what I do also. I'm trying to reprogram my stubborn mind that and inch around the waist and an inch around the hips is better. Aren't we humans crazy!
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You have taken the 1st step by joining MFP, dont give up; the scale can get like that at times. Check ur food diary & exercise and see if there's anything you can do differently. Good luck and keep up the good work:flowerforyou:
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone! This has been the hardest time for me to lose weight. In my 20s i could drop consistantly every week, even if it was something small but it was a drop. Now im 31 and have a 6 month old baby and its so hard. Everyone on this site inspires me and i hope that one day i can post my before and after pics!
  • LG30
    LG30 Posts: 72
    Options
    I have those weeks at least once a month, where I stay the same or will be over a little from the previous weeks weigh in. It could be water weight, or just the fact your body needs s change in your workour or what you are eating, so try changing it up every so often. Hope this helps, and hang in there b/c as they say" this to shall pass"! :D