Temptation looming around the corner

melzteach
melzteach Posts: 550 Member
edited September 26 in Motivation and Support
I did my Turbo Fire workout this morning but t it was Stretch 40 and I didn't burn a lot (feel free to take a look at my diary). I'll be working on a woman's retreat later on this morning and will be doing so until late this evening. I'll be moving around a lot but not enough during a specific time to wear my HRM. I don't want to go over but with all the work I'm going to be doing, I might. I just need to be sure and eat only if I'm hungry and not snack on all of the unhealthy snack options (salty, sugary, fatty). As bad for me as those snacks are, I do like them and they are tempting. Any tips/pointers would be greatly appreciated. **fingers crossed**

Replies

• bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    I'd say drink a LOT of water and be sure you always have it within reach; schedule a time when you're going to eat next and don't do it before then; and do your best to stick to snacks like a piece of fruit with walnuts, etc. Good luck!:smile:
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Keep a piece of SF gum in your mouth at all times. If you're chewing on something, you'll be less apt to grab a snack. *just a thought, not ideal*
  • Hi,

Good for you for sticking with your workout and for taking a proactive approach to thinking about the upcoming "temptations"! Not sure if this will help you, but there is a quote from Jillian Michaels that helps me get through those difficult times. She says to think about each choice that you make, and ask yourself what the result, or outcome, of that choice will be. Will this choice result in a positive, happy outcome for you in the long run? Or will it make you miserable later on? By pausing for a moment and thinking about the consequences, you can overcome the impulse to engage in unhealthy eating habits.

That said, when all else fails, add some extra cardio to your day and you can burn off those extra "bad" calories. :)

Good luck, and have fun on your retreat!

Becky
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    bjshields, I will defiantly keep a bottle of water close to me all day.

TS65, I love the gum idea! It's low cal and hard to est snacks when my mouth will be minty fresh!

bizzywith4, When I got started with this healthy life style thing at the beginning of the year, one of JM quotes helped me get over some rough low motivation patches: "You didn't get this way overnight. so don't expect to change overnight. This is going to take HARD work and time."
This discussion has been closed.