Christmas Fitness Challenge Check-in - December 6

Options
Good Morning!

After my depressing post last night, I am convinced to beat it mentally (the physical will come, I think :laugh: ) So here's to Thursday, we're almost there!

Treadmill for 45 minutes at varying speeds/inclines
Total body lifting 35 minutes

Take that evil scale! :devil: Mwah hah hah! I WILL succeed:tongue:

Replies

• ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

After my depressing post last night, I am convinced to beat it mentally (the physical will come, I think :laugh: ) So here's to Thursday, we're almost there!

Treadmill for 45 minutes at varying speeds/inclines
    Total body lifting 35 minutes

Take that evil scale! :devil: Mwah hah hah! I WILL succeed:tongue:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I actually did good. I did 1 hour on the treadmill (burned 460 calories)--high incline. That was the plan for yesterday. Tonight it's an hour of cardio and 1/2 hour of strenth training. I think I will also do a 10 minute ab video. Doing good so far this week...

*Kistinbee*
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting us off today Arianne. We are almost to the end of ANOTHER week. Keep up the exercising and healthy living. It will be SO worth it when we reach our goals!

I have had a very, very bad week exercise wise. Eating hasn't been all that great either. I've had 3 potluck type events that I thought I chose okay on but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to see any weight loss this week. To be within reach of my Christmas goal and blow it is very frustrating. I guess I just need to wait and see what my 'official' number is tomorrow and then come up with a new plan of attack for the last few weeks before the big day. I have ANOTHER busy day today but again I will plan to get some exercise in tonight.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Thanks for getting this thread started.

Although I was a slacker on Tuesday, I made up for it yesterday. I ran two minutes on the treadmill, during a 16 minute fast walk, 30 minutes on the elliptical and did a grueling strength training class. This is how it went: So I'm a little sweaty from my cardio and I walk into the class. We get 8 lb weights and a ball. I'm thinking 8 lb curls, triceps, no problem. I'm predicting some rough ab work on the ball, but I am confident I can handle it. I've never been to a strength training class or done any videos. It's not like lifting weights. Squats while doing curls. Standing on one leg while doing tricep extensions. Lunges during shoulder presses - you get the idea. Kicked my butt up one wall and back down the other. I'll be back next week.

It really was a great way to lift weights though. I wasn't staring at the clock too much. Oddly enough, During the class, I felt the trembling sensation in my arms but my legs were ok. Today, my legs are crying out for mercy, but my arms are fine. Maybe it was doing the elliptical right beforehand.

Today will be whatever I can handle. I'm hoping to do a decent treadmill session with hills and intervals.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I did Pilates & my stationary bike for 800 calories. Gonna do either hip hop abs or tae bo later on.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Today did 30 minutes only of bellydance cardio. 10 minutes flexibility quickie. I'm a slacker today but I have alot of housework to catch up on. So I'll burn some there. I've done well food wise though. Going to my Mom's this weekend which will be the hardest, as she is always trying to feed me. Wish me luck. I feel like the grinch because my tree isn't even up yet. Lots to do so see you all later.~Karen
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I had a great workout today! I ran for 40 minutes on the treadmill then did about 15 to 20 minutes of strength training and then a 1 hr spinning class. Happy almost Friday!!!
  • pinky
    pinky Posts: 6
    Options
    just ran in the thredmil for 60min. i feel so good.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    got in a half hour of weights/abs...and a half hour of yoga

Had a forty minute walk.
    :flowerforyou:
  • deborah123
    deborah123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

new to the exercise challenge. I feel like a slug after reading everones effort. I started back exercising
    last week. Have done at least 30 min. on recumbant bike each day. Did my thirty minutes today.
    Its motivating, hearing what everyone is doing,.

Deborah
  • christy_fl
    Options
    Heya!
    Ok, new to this whole site & I'm lovin it! I've been doing it the hard way for too long! :)
    I'm up for the Christmas Challange, but I'll start tomorrow! Tonight was alright, Christmas party..no sweets, but a taste of this & that probably did a number on me..that's hard to calculate. & lime sherbet punch??? cal?? I'm chalking it up & moving on.
    I'm headed off to do my 100 crunches & stretch.
    YOU CAN DO THIS! I CAN DO THIS!! WE WILL DO THIS! :)
    Good night & God bless
  • valerie33
    valerie33 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    okay tonight was a elliptical at full leg target workload of 9 at a rate of b/t 160-170 per min for 25 min burning 302 calories. Then off for 30 minutes of various strength training, arms, medicine ball, abs, a few others...this is one of my "quick" workouts b/c there was a school board mtg. still had a Great workout! any workout is a Great one!! just turn on the ipod and watch out!! watch the calories melt away!! Nice thread!!:flowerforyou:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Mon harder cardio
    Tues excuses
    Wed 40 min med cardio
    Thurs excuses

might not reach my goal this week, but I have Fri Sat Sun. I have to do all three days weights and cardio if I want to reach my goal, but I think I'll be happy if I get anything in the way I'm slacking