Pain in my knee

Options
So i have been training for 3 weeks now. I started training after a long time and i have been doing HIIT on a treadmill three times a week, 6 sessions of 30 second work time at 9-10 miles/hour and 90 seconds rest interval at 4 miles/hour. After the last two sessions i have been getting pain in my right knee when i hyper-extend it, like one does when they stretch for quadriceps. It is not there when i am sitting or walking normally. It is there only when i keep my leg in a semi-extended or hyper-extended position. Could the pain be just normal soreness associated with working out or i may have injured myself??

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    First off, hyperextension of the knee occurs when the leg is straightened too much and the knee bends a little in the opposite direction.

Second, if you're having pain when your knee is bent there are a number of different possibilities for what could be wrong, some of which are potentially serious. Take a break to see if it will heal and if you're still having pain you should see a doctor.
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    Yeah. When i am sitting and rest my leg on something is when my knee is slightly hyperextended.
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    I have arthritis in both my knees. I get injections with some artificial cartilage, every three months. In other words I'm putting off knee replacement surgery. I ended up with lousy knees from being in grocery business for 20 years and being overweight for so long. I would go to the doctor. Try and see an orthopedic, if you can. Those shots hurt like hell when you're getting them, but they work really well for about 2 months. He injects them under your knee caps.It's the last 4 weeks, that I'm limping around again...My advice, see a doctor.