Hi! Newbie from the UK. Any support appreciated! :) :)

Options
ales1979
ales1979 Posts: 269 Member
Hi everyone!

Its so nice to meet you all :)

I'm so pleased I've found this site! I really need to change my nutrition and loose all this extra weight because Its starting to make my day-to-day basic stuff, difficult!!

I've posted a 'day 1' blog and I'll give links to my Vlogs on You Tube once I've recorded one for today.

How are you all doing? How long have you been here? How are you finding the daily allowances? Would love to hear about your successes :):)

Ciao for now
Ales xx

Replies

• jac1976
    jac1976 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hello there,

I am from the uk too.

I havent got round to doing a blog yet but i am rather proud of myself for finally getting round to filling in my profile info after being on here for a few weeks, ha ha!

Feel free to add me as a friend and you have my full support.....we CAN do it!!!! :smile:

xxx
  • ales1979
    Options
    Thanks jac :)

Well done on your loss, so far, you really should be proud of yourself! :) !

Ach, I've only filled in a Blog cos I'm a whaffler and its a good way of gettin everything offa my chest! Plus I like to keep a record of how I was thinking/ feeling at particular times, incase I need to referr back for anything :)

yep!! I'm sure we can do it :D Theres a friend request flapping its wings over to you as we speak :)

xx
  • happy_summer
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me too! First proper day on here so no success to report as yet but hopefully will have soon :) Look forward to giving & receiving lots of support :) xx

Best of luck,
    Jay
  • ehte_h
    ehte_h Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me to. I'm also from the UK and very new to this
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    hi folks, i'm in the uk also, i've been here a while but only really been putting the effort in since march sort of time so i'm getting there slowly more than welcome to accept new friends to support along the way

hope you all do really well
  • jac1976
    jac1976 Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks jac :)

Well done on your loss, so far, you really should be proud of yourself! :) !

Ach, I've only filled in a Blog cos I'm a whaffler and its a good way of gettin everything offa my chest! Plus I like to keep a record of how I was thinking/ feeling at particular times, incase I need to referr back for anything :)

yep!! I'm sure we can do it :D Theres a friend request flapping its wings over to you as we speak :)

xx

Thanks and i think your idea of doing a blog is a fab one and as you may have noticed by my introduction post i am a wee bit of a waffler too, so we def have that in common, ha ha!

xxx
  • nykdem
    nykdem Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm also from the UK and joined MFP with my wife about 2 weeks ago. My wife is disabled and I'm her full-time carer and she wants to lose weight so that it's easier for me to lift her and push her in the wheelchair. I want to lose weight so that I'm fitter to be able to do those things for her for many years to come. In 2 weeks I've managed to lose 5lbs due to following the MFP plan. I've yet to work any exercise into my hectic daily schedule but I'm working on it.
    Feel free to add me or my wife (martinne68)
    Welcome to this fantastic site and I wish you every success.
  • leanne2376
    leanne2376 Posts: 217
    Options
    I am from UK too - welcome !
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    hi i'm in scotland . welcome to mfp and hope u find it as helpful as i have... i have done very well so far (i think) and have lost 16lbs in 6 weeks
  • Martinne68
    Martinne68 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi

Welcome. I have been using this site for 2 weeks and love it, I look forward to hearing about your progress

Take Care

Martinne x x :smile:
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I am from the UK too. Been here a couple of months, and lost 12lbs so far. Am finding it surprisingly easy - MFP makes it so easy to track things, and the people are so encouraging.

Feel free to friend me :smile:
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome on board. I'm Essex, and my hubby and I joined together at the end of last year - we've become somewhat obsessed and I do worry what we'll talk about once we're at goal weight. :smile: I'm also 'addicted' to reading everyone's success stories - I've found everyone on here so inspirational - both for losing weight and heading towards a fitter me!

Hope you enjoy your journey!
  • ales1979
    Options
    Thankyou for your lovely replies everyone! I've never been made to feel so welcome on a site! I'm gonna add every single one of you to my friends, os the more friends, the more motivation and support and thats what I need so I keep going! I'm a great one for starting things, but am terrible at seeing them through to the end!

however, this is the dawning of a new 'life era' for me and I want to go to bed every night knowing that I've done the best I possibly can to be the best me i can! This site and the support from you guys, will be a big part of that!

so, apologies in advance if I get 'the grumps' and just moan an groan way too much. you guys totally have my permission to tell me to 'turn my frown upside-down' and get on with it and rememebr why I'm here in the first place!!!! In a nice way of course!! :P and I promise I'll do the same for you too!!

Looking forward to following our journeys!!
    Ales x
  • rhona77
    rhona77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!
    I'm in the Uk too (Scotland) and love MFP. I have been using the site for a couple of months and have lost 15lb.
    Its a great source of advice and motivation.
    x
  • mosaix
    mosaix Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hiya

I'm also from the UK :-) yay us hehe. Hope you find this site & community as useful as I have been. good luck xx
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Welcome :)
    I miss my visits to the U.K. so it's great to get a chance to say Cheers to someone from there!
    Welcome to the board and the site - I'm new here too, and half way along my weight loss journey, but we all need friends and motivation - so let us know how we can help!
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Former resident of Glasgow -- does that count? ;) Feel free to friend me up, one and all. Always up for another friendly face to join my little lot of lovely, supportive folks.