Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Non Scale Defeat

Yup, it looks like I over-did it when I pushed harder and harder trying to break the plateau.

I finally went to the Doctor, and he's confirmed I've developed muscle weakness is leading to bilateral inguinal hernias. This being despite, as the Doctor said, having well developed abdominals. So yes, even though resistance training will help preserve muscle if you eat less than maintenance, it'll only be those muscles that you exercise - and getting them all can be tricky.

Men, I urge you don't eat less than 1500 net calories (Remember, that 1200 limit is for women).

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    I found I needed to eat more in order to lose more. You didn't mention what type of exercises you do, but my guess is isolation / machine weights. Try incorporating combination movements with free weights. Check out www.stronglifts.com.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,953 Member
    I've spent this entire week NOT working out due to a foot injury and haven't stayed below my calories even once. I was sure I'd have a gain but nope, I'm actually .2 pounds down! I may have to rethink my eating in light of your post, my week and the fact that I'm doing P90X.
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Almost all of my exercise is bodyweight*, except for hip abductors and hip adductors. If there are external weights involved it's almost certainly going to be a machine, 'cos I'm a complete klutz, and I've the safety of myself and others to think of ;)

* and usually involves a vertical metal pole.