Fat free milk or unsweetened almond milk?

Options
seckler
seckler Posts: 169 Member
Is the sugar in fat free milk bad for you? I switched a while back to unsweetened almond milk because it doesn't have all of the carbs and sugar that the milk does. I am wondering though which is better...the trade off to almond milk is that it has 2.5g of fat. Which is better?

Replies

• cupfanncbms
    cupfanncbms Posts: 101
    Options
    Definitely your non-animal food sources are better than any animal based food source, IMO.

The fat you get from nuts and some high fat veggies/fruits is entirely different than any fat you'll get from animal sources.

The sugar in milk is lactose, which gets broken down to glucose and galactose. I personally think the almond milk is way better...
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It depends on what benefits you're hoping to get. Almond milk is not milk and shouldn't be labeled as such. If you're wanting the calcium and protein that you get from cow's milk you should stick with cow's milk. Lactose (the sugar in milk) is not that bad for you. It's wrapped in proteins that the body has to work to break down, so it doesn't digest quickly and doesn't cause blood sugar spikes and crashes like refined sugar does.