Lost 40lbs in 8 months: Before & After Pics/Stats

Options
hewhoiscd
hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
My hope in posting these before and after pics and stats is to motivate people who are wanting to lose weight and get healthier. I've posted before, but wanted to do it again now that I've reached 40 pounds lost

If I can do it, you can too! There is nothing special about me that caused me to succeed. You just have to decide that you will do it, commit to doing what you need to do, and then actually do it. Simple as that. Stay focused on the goal, no matter what.

Started My Get Fit Plan on 09/04/2010 at 210lbs. Weighed in this morning at 169.8lbs

Pics in the before and afters were all taken with the same camera (phone), in same location and light (bathroom mirror) and both times I am standing relaxed (not flexing), also wearing the same shorts. I'm 6'2" with a Medium Frame.

(I can never get the photos to work in this forum, doesn't matter what I do with the IMG or img or wtf or WTF...just doesn't work for me. So, please copy and paste to see the pics, or click the link to my blog post in my signature to see them)

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff62/Hewhois_photos/Get Fit/20110430 40 pounds lost/IMG_20110430_092130-1.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff62/Hewhois_photos/Get Fit/20110430 40 pounds lost/IMG_20110430_091916-1.jpg

Here's one from this morning with a better camera and better light.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff62/Hewhois_photos/Get Fit/20110430 40 pounds lost/sideabs.jpg

Some Stats:

Old Weight: 210lbs 09/04/2010
Current Weight: 170lbs 04/30/2011
Lost 40lbs in 8 months

Old Body Fat: 30%+ 09/04/2010
Current Body Fat: 16% (as measured by my Omron scale the whole time. Absolute numbers may not be correct, but it was consistent throughout so the trend is indicative)
Almost cut my body fat in half

I didn’t take initial measurements until 10/25/2010, but it’s safe to assume they were larger on 09/04/2010

Old Waist (around navel): 42.5”
Current Waist: 35.75”
Lost +6.75”

Old Hips: 39.5”
Current Hips: 36.5”
Lost +3” (Note that my waist is now smaller than my hip measurements)

Old Chest: 41”
Current Chest: 38”
Lost +3”

Old Thigh: 23.25”
Current Thigh: 22”
Lost +1.25”

That’s a total loss from all measurement sites of +14”

Old Jean Size: 36” Relaxed Fit (and they fit *tight*, I really should have been wearing 38”)
New Jean Size: 32” Slim Fit 514 Levi’s (and they are very comfy, not tight at all)

Here are a few tips I followed along the way:
· NO SODA, not even diet (BTW, I used to drink 10 to 12 cans of Coca~Cola a day)
· No alcohol, not even lite (I know, that is hard for many, but at the very least cut it back to one or two drinks a week)
· Drink TONS of water
· No refined sugars (don’t worry about sugars in fruit, honey (in moderation), and vegetables)
· No refined flour (eat pasta and breads that are whole grain and whole wheat instead)
· Exercise at least 3 days a week, ideally 6 days a week. Even if at the start it is just a short walk, you will gradually increase the intensity until you are going at it full bore. Set times and dates for the workouts, then DO THEM.
· Set realistic goals. Short term and long term.
· If you eat meat, then eat lean meat. Lean turkey, extra lean beef, fish, etc
· Watch the sodium intake. Read the nutrition label before you buy/eat it.
· Watch the saturated fats
· Go public with what you are doing. Tell your friends, your enemies, and the person next to you at the checkout in the grocery store. Public accountability is a big motivator.
· Take pics and measurements of where you are at right now. Pics should be of you in your underwear and from every conceivable angle. Also take some pics of you wearing pants and shirt that you like that are just too tight for you right now.
· Make sure you are eating the right amount of calories. Too little is just as bad as too much.

I also took some vitamin supplements and used a meal replacement drink, protein bars and DVD workout programs, all of which were a big part of my ability to succeed. But I again want to stress, that the most important part of any get fit plan is YOU. Decide, Commit, Succeed!

Be happy to answer any questions and feel free to friend me :)

Replies

• got2go2concerts
    got2go2concerts Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!!! Way to go!
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Wow!! What an awesome transformation! Great work!! :bigsmile: :glasses:
  • Texasgirl05
    Options
    WOW WTG an thanks for all that helpful info. You look Amazing!!
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    BUMP! I will come back when I have more time to appreciate. : )
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!
  • anniebr
    anniebr Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    good for you. You are right anyone can do it.
  • bpumpkin
    bpumpkin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, helps to motivate me!
  • michelellawrence
    Options
    you look great!! thanks for the inspiration!! keep up the great work!
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Thanks for sharing, it's quite an inspiration!
  • shellgoff
    shellgoff Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • skeele
    skeele Posts: 72
    Options
    Good Job Dude!!! Very inspirational.... Since I've started this site and taking Shakeology everyday... I truly feel I can do it this time around. Working out is becoming a habit for me. I feel like I gotta do something everyday... well... at least 5 or 6 days a week.
    Thanks and good job!
  • rayfromtx
    rayfromtx Posts: 111
    Options
    It's been a pleasure to watch your journey buddy.
  • shrinkinc
    shrinkinc Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You look great. Congratulations on the hard work!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Wow, looking good. Looks like you lost a little hair too. I can't wait to get down to 170.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!