How can I avoid the "Fat Slap" sound?

Options
Okay.... so recently, I have been attempting to throw in a little jogging into things I am doing, and today for example, I was chasing two stray dogs around the neighborhood with some other people..... but when I am jogging, my fat from my stomach makes an embarrassing slapping sound against the part of my thighs that touch. Is there any way that anyone knows of to avoid this? I know as I lose more weight this will go away, but in the mean-time, how can I avoid this embarrassment?

thanks!

Replies

• jen11232
    jen11232 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I'd try a compression top or Spanx. You definitely don't want to NOT run because of this sound and how it feels, so find something to help hold you in place while you move. Think of it as a sports bra for your mid-section! :)
  • changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i had it also when i started, and still do sometimes. I found some great work out pants that suck in your stomach. They are tek gear from kohls (sorry, forgot to see where you live). Anyway, i LOVE LOVE LOVE them, but any type that has a "slimming" panel will work.
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness I had that thigh slapping sound the other day I was at home doing some wii fit jogging. thank goodness it was just me at home when that sound happened! it was embarrassing XD I know how ya feel!
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    under armor compression shorts
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Well, kudos to you for opening up and talking about this issue that so many of us have. This is a big reason I avoid jogging, especially if there is anyone else around. The spanx, or similar garment, sound like a good suggestion. Good luck, and at least we are in the right place to make that noise a sound of the past!
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I got the thigh slap when I do jumping jacks! It's awful! I don't know what to tell you besides use it as inspiration to work that much harder!! Good luck ma'am
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I've never had that problem, but I think the slimming shorts would work, just make sure to get something that breathes. The thing that I hate is that I can feel my stomach fat bouncing when I run.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Everyone gave you good suggestions! The only other one I have is that until the weather gets really hot, try support pantyhose. You could also try some of the firm, but stretchy underwear. Curvations might give you the control you need without being too tight or restrictive. I know its available at Kmart. I have this problem too, and I find that tighter panties help. Good luck! 8)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Tight fitting running clothes!
  • mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Tight fitting running clothes!

Yeah, I don't think anyone needs to see a 283 pound woman in tight fitting clothing of any kind, haha.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Seriously, wear tight fitting shorts/leggings and a long, baggy top. I had the jelly belly problem to start with, but the right clothes do help. Try a skapri http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?s=skapri
  • Edivel
    Edivel Posts: 11
    Options
    Well...I have this problem and I definatley wear the undies that are like cotton spandex that go up to under my bra line. they are cotton and spandex and they are breathable. I actually wear then everyday almost. They hold me in and also, cover most of the cellulite also. Try them. I get mine at Target or any other store like ross. They usually have them for a discounted price. Then definately wear your yoga/gym pants who cares if they fit snug. You can avoid the chub-rub between the legs too. Its whatever makes it more comfortable meanwhile it gets better...good luck.

And for the record..Im 300 lbs..so dont worry..