Working hard, still not losing

Options
I started MFP about 5 weeks ago. I've do the Biggest Loser Cardio Max workout 4 days a week. Another 2 days a week I usually do pilates and run or bike. I'm burning 400+ calories a day (according to MFP). Eating all the right things (or at least I think) . Lots of fruits, veggies, chicken, brown rice, ect I even gave up my sweet tea addiction and only drink water. I try to eat back the majority of my exercise calories each day sometimes I'm 100-200 calories under but I'm just not hungry. I only go over 1 maybe two days a week and that's usually due to a couple glasses of wine. Even then I don't go over by more than 200 calories. And I'm NOT LOSING ANYTHING! Any suggestions?

Replies

• MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Open your diary so we can look for you :O)
  • glenna221
    glenna221 Posts: 46
    Options
    If you are using the MFP calorie amounts for exercise you are probably eating too much. I have heart rate monitor and find that I burn about 3/4 the amount the MFP would have alloted me for the same exercise (eg, cardio equipment, running). I suggest you invest in a heart rate monitor to have a more accurate account of what you burn. I also don't eat ALL of my exercise calories back each day - leave between 100-350 each day
  • MissTomGettingThin
    Options
    I use a HRM and do eat all my cals back.
    Only lost 25lbs though. :laugh:
  • Laurieannfanelli
    Laurieannfanelli Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    There is a question around about wheither to eat back you exersise calories or not. I asked my son who is a trainer if I should and he said no why would you exersise and lose those calories to eat them back. So ever since I stopped I started to lose lbs and exspecially inches. I know it worked for me :flowerforyou:
  • hillygrace
    Options
    Ditto what glenna said. Remember that 1 pound of fat is 3,500 calories (if I remember correctly), so if you're eating back all the calories you burn, of course you're not moving forward :) The first tool I used on MFP is the Basal Metabolic Rate tool. Doing absolutely nothing, I should burn about 1600 calories. If I were to maintain this weight while exercising, I would need to eat ~1600 + however many calories I burned that day. It's all about balance.

Regardless, congratulations on starting your new healthy lifestyle! That's the most important step. Stick with the healthy foods, but balance you calorie intake/burn. Keep on keepin on!
  • MissTomGettingThin
    Options
    Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • cowpoke06
    cowpoke06 Posts: 171
    Options
    Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

?
  • MissTomGettingThin
    Options

?

Defecits.
    Workout calories
    It's simple maths but it makes me mad.
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    When you set up your account, you selected an activity level that did NOT include your exercise, and MFP created a caloric deficit based on that. So when you exercise, you create an even bigger deficit, which may be okay if you have a LOT to lose, but could be too much if you're not too overweight. Your body needs fuel!

Maybe you set your activity level incorrectly, i.e. chose active when you're really sedentary, and therefore you're eating too much. I would suggest resetting your goals and make sure everything is set properly. If you don't have a lot to lose, a 2-pound/week goal might be unrealistic and counterproductive.

Try some different things and see what happens. Good luck! :)