New to this site, but not to this game!

Options
I have finally decided to try it - AGAIN!! - 'on my own' (so to speak!) this time!! Having just upgraded to a SmartPhone last week, I found the 'MyFitnessPal' download to use on it. (I wanted a different one that I had read about - but they ONLY do iPhone apps so far and since I found this one highly regarded in several forums I decided to go with it instead!!)

I caved in just over 2 1/2 years ago, after seeing photo's from a family reunion, and decided it couldn't wait another minute!! I HAD to Lose The Weight!!! So, I joined LA Weight Loss and lost 40 lbs in about 10 months - felt and looked great!! Unfortunately, they closed almost EVERY location (including mine!!) when I was still about 10 lbs from my goal weight and before I got to the 'maintenance' part of the program - GRRRR!!!! I showed up for a weigh-in, and the whole office was in the back of a pickup truck!! HOW FRUSTRATING!!!!

I tried to stick with it, and did great for a long time.....but then I changed jobs and in doing so, no longer had access to my corporate/company gym. I slowly became less dedicated to my workouts (although I have access to basically the same equipment at home that I used there as well as video's/DVD's to take the place of my yoga and pilate's instructors!) and I found myself 'indulging' more and more often. Here we are, just over a year after I was soooooo close to my goal, and I have befriended back 15 of the 40 lbs I had exuberantly let go of!!

I have come to the conclusion that without daily diary accounting, and regular exercise (it keeps you positive and glowing and sleeping well, too......just to name a few benefits other than the obvious ones of boosting energy, metabolism and weight loss!!) and without keeping it recorded SOMEWHERE - EVERY DAY, it is too easy to just 'let it slide today'....but today becomes so many more days - then before you know it, you are on the big downhill slide and it's so much harder to stop!!

My husband is only 2 weeks away from his last shift before officially retiring at the end of June. I had hoped to be back on track with my weight for our 25th anniversary, but that was in February, and I'm still fighting a tug-o-war over the same few pounds. So, if I want to be the 'blushing bride' at his retirement BBQ on the July long weekend, I've got some major homework to do!! I have 2 months to get pretty much back to where I left off, then continue on from there with those good habits until I reach - AND REALLY KEEP - my goal weight!!

I'm looking forward to being back in control of it and I know from my past accomplishments that it has a LOT to do with our state of mind. It's all about making the better choices and choosing to make our health IMPORTANT enough to PLAN it! Plan our meals and our meal times and make time for all of it - properly! When I stopped taking the time to plan my meals - I gave up control of my diet (as in what I eat on a regular basis, not what I am eating to 'lose weight!!) and it took control of me.....I need to take the reins here!

To anyone else who feels like they are in the same boat: LET'S GO!!!

See you in the 'skinny jeans' section in a few weeks!! :bigsmile: