Favorite smoothie recipes?

Options
olyrose
olyrose Posts: 569 Member
The weather is getting nicer and it's time for me to start making some smoothies. What are your favorite ones?

I usually made them with frozen mango and lowfat vanilla yogurt, but now I'm looking for some other ideas that might incorporate milk or protein powder, or other tasty / healthy options.

Thanks!

Replies

• hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    BUMP... I am always looking for smoothie recipes. I tend to get lazy and end up buying the yoplait smoothie bags. I need ideas!
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    For high potassium I love
    1 avocado peeled and seed removed
    1 banana
    handful of strawberries or more to taste
    1/2 c orange juice
    1 tsp of psyllum husks for a punch of fiber
    1 tsp of agave nectar if needed
    ice to the right consistency.

(I can't have yogurt or any dairy for that matter but if you can add in some plain yogurt here for that great cultures.

Blend and enjoy.
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Always interested in new ideas...
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i make them with strawberries, bananas, honey, milk, plain yogurt, and ice... i can't remember the exact recipe because it's been a while, but you can find it on goodhousekeeping.com under the supermarket diet
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I don't like smoothies.... or fruit for that matter.... but I love this:

1 banana
    1 cup milk
    2 tsp sweetner (I use splenda, I know people on here though don't like it)

blend that up.... we'd make it in Chile and call it leche con platano (milk with banana) all the time. I liked it, and it was a way for me to get some kind of fruit. It's also good with 2 tbsp of PB2 in there as well. Then it's peanut butter and banana :)
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    http://ohsheglows.com/ Great site for recipes in general and she came up with the idea of the "Green Monster" she has a link on her website for recipes for green monsters and other great healthy smoothies

My Go to monster that I call "My Purple Monster":

1 Cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 scoop unflavored whey powder
    1-2 Handfulls of raw spinach
    1 Cup Frozen Blackberries (sometimes blueberries too)

Put in a blender in that order and blend. YUM!
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    Options
    bump:heart:
  • almond milk unsweetend natural peanut butter and banana OMG SO GOOD!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    BUMP---- same here.....

I downloaded an app to my iphone that has a lot of smoothie recipes.... some low cal, some not, but some really good ones.
  • ChessRonin
    ChessRonin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    300 calorie protein shake:

Frozen Blueberries, 4oz Orange Juice, 1 whole banana, 1 scoop ON Gold Standard Natural Whey.

Sometimes I add some milled flax seed.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I've come up with some crazy ideas over the past few years, here are some that I like

apple and spinach (from Victoria Boutenko's book 12 steps to raw)

1/4 cup cooked white beans (not from a can) with milk or milk subsitute, strawberries, or kiwi, or blueberries or mango

protein powder (i use rice protein), cocoa powder, sweetener (dates, or stevia, or agave, or sugar) and a banana

banana, orange juice and vanilla protein powder

I'm now experimenting with avocado, it adds a nice creaminess without dairy...

have fun trying new recipes!
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    almond milk unsweetend natural peanut butter and banana OMG SO GOOD!

gotta try that!!! thanks
  • albanydia
    albanydia Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Frozen Strawberries, water and brown sugar. Blend. It's that simple but still its like dessert. Also if u use little water instead of a smothie u get like a frozzy. Eat it with spoon. Family n Friends favorite!! Try it ;)
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Frozen berries, fresh strawberries, banana, greek yogurt, milk, vanilla flavoring, ground flax seed
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    There are some great ideas here - Thanks everyone!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    almond milk unsweetend natural peanut butter and banana OMG SO GOOD!

gotta try that!!! thanks

I do a similar one with sweetened rice milk, almond butter and chocolate protein powder. Taste like a peanut butter cup.

A few other favs:

vanilla protein powder, unsweetened rice milk (or almond), mango and strawberries.
    flax powder, vanilla protien powder milk of choice, almond butter
    mangos, spinach, milk of choice and vanilla protien powder
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options

I'm now experimenting with avocado, it adds a nice creaminess without dairy...

have fun trying new recipes!
    I do an avocado smoothie, 1 avocado, almond or rice milk, dash of nutmeg. YUM!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    2 scoops of whey
    almond milk
    1 tbsp jello suagr free budding mix pistachio flavor
    1 tbsp jello suagr free budding mix cheesecake flavor
    cinnamon bun yogart
    1/4 tsp guar gum
    ice

or

2 scoops of whey
    almond milk
    1 tbsp jello suagr free budding mix banana flavor
    1 tbsp jello suagr free budding mix butterscotch flavor
    baked sweet potato
    1/4 tsp guar gum
    ice
  • mrstyler
    mrstyler Posts: 43
    Options
    I like using 1 cup mixed frozen berries, 1/.2 cup frozen mango with one cup of nonfat milk. I do not like plain milk, but it works well with the berries. If I have more calories for a day, I also add a 1/2 cup of raspberry sorbet. I don't add protein powder because I don't need the extra protein, but my husband sometimes does.

I also enjoy 1/2 cup frozen peaches, 1/2 cup frozen mango, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup lemon sorbet with 1 cup of orange juice.

They aren't filling enough for a meal replacement for me if I'm super hungry, but when its extremely hot out and I need to eat something to cool me off, they are great.