Just started MFP On Monday

SaschaDiotte
SaschaDiotte Posts: 6
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, my name is Sascha. I just recently started MFP on Monday because a friend of mine who lives about an hour and a half away and I were really in desperate need of workout buddies. So through this website we are able to cheer one another on and help each other through any discouragement we are feeling. I have been trying to lose weight off and on since I was a freshman in high school. I have severe asthma which has always hindered it. I noticed that my medication actually makes me gain weight, sometimes even 7lbs at a time. Since I was a senior in high school I have refused to take my medication unless it is desperately needed due to this issue. I get extremely discouraged because no matter what I do my body will not lose weight. I have finally decided that I'm not going to "diet" anymore. I'm going to just tried to eat a bit healthier and keep what I eat around certain calories. I would love to lose around sixty pounds but after so long of unsuccessful results I will just be happy with a flatter stomach, thinner arms and thighs. I honestly hate working out, it bores me to tears. Like I said I have only been doing MFP for about a week now but I feel different about working out and getting into shape this time around. I love the application on my phone and I love that I have someone who sees my progress and struggles on a regular basis. Right now I am currently doing P90X and 30 mins of cardio. My cardio consists of a run/walk routine, mixed with some hill climbing. For the first time I feel optimistic!!!! :happy:

Replies

• Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Hey, and welcome! I'm also a fellow asthma sufferer although I haven't had the same symptoms you're describing. I admit though that since I've been eating healthier, I've definitely found it making a difference to my breathing. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like some support and motivation :)
  • I noticed on my cardio portion of my daily workout that my run section seems to be getting a bit longer. I'm excited. It would be nice to run a mile without stopping! :-)
  • father5
    father5 Posts: 69
    I believe you can do this. Just be committed to checking into this site everyday regardless if you go over on your calories or if you exercise or not. Get good friends to help you out. You can do this.:happy:
  • pdcarrell
    pdcarrell Posts: 101
    This website is absolutely amazing and the people on it as well! So inspiring! Good Luck Stick with it and you'll be sharing stories of success soon enough!
  • Thanks! I really hope I can!
  • pdcarrell
    pdcarrell Posts: 101
    you can & you will!
  • texxas_gyrl
    texxas_gyrl Posts: 10
    Good luck on your journey.

SW: 197
    CW: 194
    GW: 167

Add me as a friend if you would like.
This discussion has been closed.