Indian Buffet

Options
I'm going out tonight to an Indian Buffet. Any recommendations on what to fill up on and what to avoid?

Replies

• michellewilliams10
    michellewilliams10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you like seafood try tandoori king prawns ( tandoori chicken if u don't). Usually comes with salad. Also chapatis are around 50 cals each.
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Nix the rice, look for things in tomato-based or clear-based sauces. The creamed spinach is really wonderful, but that should be eaten in small amounts. Coconut pudding and those doughnut-hole things soaked in sweet sauce are THE BOMB but maybe just have a taste.

I would basically allow yourself to taste whatever you want to taste, have fun, but the things you know look fatty/calorie-laden, just have a bit. The biggest thing for me was not to add white rice to everything, that's just wasted calories. Have fun!
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Indian Buffet....yummmmmmm...I got nothing, but it sounds really really good...I need to go out for Indian food, haven't done it in a while. Just enjoy and count it as a free meal!!
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    I love Indian food. I just plan on eating Indian food on a workout day to burn the extra calories. I tend to watch portions and just enjoy the food.