New here: First time mom

Options
Howdy all,

I am a first time mom and need to lose 25 more lbs of the 55 I gained. I'm currently 9 weeks postpartum and just started working out a few weeks ago, due to having a cesarean. That was not my initial birth plan, but my daughter was very, very breach. My birth story is a whole other topic! LOL.

So far I've lost 3 lbs by starting My Fitness Pal and I'm so thrilled. It holds me accountable for what I put in my body and I really love seeing the scale go down...now if I could only magically fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes overnight=0) I know that's not how it works, but I'm having such a hard time being a size 8/10 when I've never been bigger than a 6 (at my heaviest).

I know a lot of people probably have a lot more to lose than myself, but 25 extra lbs on my frame is A LOT. Emotionally this has been so tough for me, especially because I've suffered from eating disorders in the past, which totally sucks especially when I'm trying my hardest to be healthy for my daughter. I do see some of my old ways creeping back up especially during stressful times, but I can't let those things dominate my life anymore.

I look forward to getting back to the athlete that I am and being a great role model for my daughter, so she never has to suffer from low self esteem or body image issues when she's older.

Good luck to all!

Replies

• Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP I have only been here about a month but I have already noticed a big change in myself that will last a life time.
    Good luck!
  • HappyKiddies
    Options
    I know how you feel, but give yourself a break...its very soon after you gave birth. Naturally most of it will fall off in the next 6 months anyway.. saying that I know the frustrations and impatience i experienced...as soon as my son was born, i just wanted to exercise and stop eating!! you will do it....you are naturally small anyway, so I bet within a few months you will be almost there!!!
  • mjemerson
    mjemerson Posts: 141
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your little one. I am a mom of two girls, both c-sections so I have been there. Good luck on your goal of losing 25! Feel free to add me, we all need as much support as we can!