some virtual support as I start a new path?

Options
hey there everyone...so, I'm new here, like 10 days in. I've been struggling with food and my weight my entire life and have recently made the decision to begin a new path and make some serious lifestyle changes. I've gained over 200 pounds in the last 6 or 7 years (my profile pic is me and my most healthy, probably around 180 pounds---I use it for inspiration) and I'm at the point where food and my body/weight have completely started ruling my life, my health, my relationships with women, my social life, my creative life....I've really lost control.

The irony of my situation is I'm pretty well versed in what I need to do get healthy and maintain a healthy lifestyle...I just never applied it...until now.

So, I'm embarking on this new journey and thought I'd reach out for some virtual support from the MFP folks. I really like this site and it's functionality and after just 10 days I can really see how MFP can help me achieve my goals.

peace to all of you working hard and making changes...love and light and health to all of you!

Replies

• theladebug
    theladebug Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I know you'll do great :)
  • littlered301
    littlered301 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good Luck with this site, it is easy to use and helps you control your food. Keep up the good work :)
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place!! There are always tons of places on MFP to find support, motivation, and great advice. I am gaining knowledge to help me be the healthiest I can without any dangerous diets/fads to follow. Everyone around here is very supportive and it definitely gives me more of a drive to do the best that I can. There are always success stories, pictures, and blogs that show me "if they can do it, so can I."

I am very happy with my body since I started using MFP and I hope you can find your happiness as well! It is easy to let our lives get out of control sometimes, but this place really can help make you feel in charge. That may sound lame but it really does give me guidance when I need it.

Add me as a friend! I would love to help everyone else (as well as myself) along this journey of living a fulfilling and healthy life! I would be glad to help in any way that I can. :)
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    good luck