Never Again

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
I broke today and went off my healthy veggie lifestyle for sheer CRAP. I was starving because I just had a bowl of oatmeal at 6 am before I went to my race and by the time 4pm hit..after a couple hours on the road and running around I was getting dizzy and suffering from headaches. I resorted to the worst of the worst of the worst times a million of foods. Taco Hell. I ate one thing and almost immediately felt sick. I wasnt even thinking about better choices I was thinking about not fainting-I was THAT hungry. I also wondered HOW IN THE WORLD my diet consisted of that crap all the time:sick:

Replies

• jwd28
    jwd28 Posts: 765
    Options
    Lesson learned: Never let yourself get so hungry that Taco Hell seems like a good idea :)

I have also learned that lesson the hard way. :)
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    its amazing how once you get used to eating healthy your body wont tolerate junk
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    It is AMAZING how quickly our bodies learn to reject poor quality food. I've eliminated several things from my diet (especially white bread) Had some the other day - oh boy did I feel sick. ON the upside though, remembering ow badly it made you feel should stop you from eating them again :glasses: :glasses: :glasses:
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I like Taco Bell. :(

But yeah, try not to let yourself get that hungry. I do that a lot but its better now that I am home most of the time and I don't buy junky food.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I felt like on biggest loser when jillian ate that crap and threw up. I turned ghost white and had that infamous sick feeling. It is amazing how you get used to treating your body right and that happens. I learned a HARD lesson. I will refresh my palate tonight with some vegan fare...
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you live but here in Salem Oregon I have discovered where there is a taco bell there is a Subway within the next block or two! Also, last time I was in taco bell i noticed they have some sort of healthy menu too... regardless I'd rather hit up Subway:wink:
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    What's up, Salem, OR? I've got a lot of family in your neck of the woods! I was in Salem for Christmas :-)

I ate a bunch of sugary junk on Easter. It was tasty, but I felt terrible that night. It reminded me of smoking a cigarette after I had quit for a few years. My mind thought that I was going to LOVE it, I had missed it so much! It was actually kind of a good reminder for me. The reality didn't live up to my expectations at all.

I think it's fine to have sweets or fatty foods, but I try to make it really worth it. And I try to keep my portions small.
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    Plus, they "claim" their ground beef is pure with no additives......Um ok....:huh:
  • airbari
    airbari Posts: 2
    Options
    It's all good. Just get back on the horse! You're doing great!
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    I'm with you...but I might argue the worst of the worst theory. McDonalds.

I really wanted it, but haven't had any fast food for about 2 months. And now, McGurgle time.

Well, I guess your body will tell you no, even if your brain says yes.
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that worked at Taco Bell for years, its not beef. Its mostly soy.