NSV!!!!

t_rog
t_rog Posts: 363 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
I just finished my workout and HAD to share with you guys. This may not be much but.....I just ran a mile straight for the first time in my ENTIRE life. I couldn't even do that at the age of 14, when I probably was in a lot better shape than I am now. It was tough and I wanted to quit every second, but I did it :) It feels great.

Replies

• MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    That is AWESOME! Congrats!!!! :D
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,412 Member
    great - keep going, you rock.
  • Thats Awesome! Way to go!
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Thats brilliant, well done! I am starting the C25k tomorrow am a bit nervous about it!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    That's awesome!!
  • fitcrew
    fitcrew Posts: 67 Member
    THATS AWESOME!!!!!Last year was the first year I ran two miles for the first time and now its nothing for me (im out due to back issues right now) but i cant wait to add two more miles to that!! It will get easier and easier for you,it will build your confidence in yourself and you will really see the results :) Great job and keep up the good work!!!
  • sremarie
    sremarie Posts: 37
    Super awesome!! and don't downplay your victory it's YOUR victory and you should own it!!
  • sarahmay25
    sarahmay25 Posts: 27 Member
    Way to go. I am just now trying to do my first 5k (and hoping I don't have to stop at least a jog pace!). Every milestone counts!!!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    That is terrific! I am working on running so I know exactly how hard it is to build up time & distance. You should be very very proud of yourself!!!!
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Congratulations! It IS a big deal and you deserve to be proud of yourself! Way to go! :smile:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    That's a great milestone (ha ha...), and a great accomplishment.

I think if you ask any of the C25K graduates or other new runners, they'll remember that first time they ran a mile and remember how proud they felt. Heck, I remember bragging to everyone the first time I ran 5 minutes. :smile:

Keep up the great work!
  • Great that you have reached a goal and seeing progress.
  • Awesome! Great job, keep up the good work!
This discussion has been closed.