Sugar Intake....

Options
So I was WELL over my recommended sugar intake today.... like by 64 grams, but it's because I ate fruit all day....

Is going over due to FRUIT better than going over due to sugar in let's say cookies?? I just started tracking my sugar and I cannot believe how much I go over everyday, usually due to fruit.

This week, starting tomorrow, I will limited my fruit to a piece in the morning and then a snack in the afternoon. I will start to incorporate more veggies!!!

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Natural Sugars are absolutely fine to go over with. There is a lot of sugars in veggies too! MSP doesnt differentiate between the two types of sugars. I would subtract those from all the other things you are eating and I bet you wont be that far over....
  • carlfry
    carlfry Posts: 62
    Options
    Do NOT eliminate fruits and veggies! Those are NATURAL sugars.. sugars that are okay for you. You want to watch added sugars - pop, juices, cake, candy, etc. That sugar is bad for you and should be limited as much as possible.
  • shortcake05
    Options
    I have the same problem! I eat a lot of fruits and veggies and I'm always over on sugar. It's pretty demoralizing because I rarely eat refined sugar. I look at the nutrition report and I'm just like, "this is insane."