Heart rate monitors

Options
Are there any heart rate monitors out there that you can wear all day (either around your arm or chest) but don't have a ridiculous monthly fee to track your progress?

I've found a couple like bodybugg and BodyMediaFit but both of those require you to pay for the monitor and about a $10/month fee on top of that....

Any hints or suggestions where I might be able to find something I'm looking for?

Replies

• sandman27959
    Options
    Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but I have a Garmin Forerunner 305 and I LOVE it. It's a workout GPS you wear as a watch, but it has a chest strap for the heart rate pickup. It logs pace, distance, of course heart rate, and even maps it on Google Maps when you upload each workout to your computer. I'm using mine to train for a half-marathon. Try Amazon. It was cheaper thee than anywhere else.
  • toodleton
    toodleton Posts: 82
    Options
    Yes, ther are many out there, I just bought a Nike Imara HRM. They have men's and women's both. Nike, Adidas and New Balance all make HRM's that you can track your calorie and heart rate both on the watch portion. Mine came with a band that you wear around your chest, lets you set your target HR zone, alarms if you aren't in your fat burning zone, etc. There's also a brand called Polar.
  • ucfsn118
    ucfsn118 Posts: 14
    Options
    Can it be worn all day?
  • sandman27959
    Options
    For the Garmin, I can't see why not. The chest strap may get a little uncomfortable after a while, but I hardly feel it while I'm running. The unit itself is like a big wristwatch. You might get a few funny looks, but it's not super-huge or anything.