What do you think about cinnamon?

Options
:glasses: So I am hearing a lot about cinnamon and weight loss. What does everyone think about it? Does it work? Does it not work? How much per day? You know....the details.

Replies

• sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I don't use it for weight loss but I know cinnamon (and other spices) are antioxidants. They're good for your brain and heart and overall health. Never heard anything about weight loss, though. Sounds interesting.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    No idea, never heard of it specifically for WL. I say just stick to a healthy eating plan and exercise, don't worry about little weird ideas that will supposedly speed weight loss.

That said, I am e joying peanut butter on a bagel thin with banana & honeytopped with cinnamon. Love the taste of it!!!!
  • Dippydog
    Dippydog Posts: 154
    Options
    No idea, never heard of it specifically for WL. I say just stick to a healthy eating plan and exercise, don't worry about little weird ideas that will supposedly speed weight loss.

That said, I am e joying peanut butter on a bagel thin with banana & honeytopped with cinnamon. Love the taste of it!!!!

I am sticking to MFP and my calorie count, but Dr. Oz said something about cinnamon and weight loss and I figure any help would be appreciated. LOL
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    It's a great natural deterrent for sugar ants. Sprinkle it around the cracks where they come into the house, in a steady line, and they won't cross it.

Oh... you meant for weight loss... Um... never heard of it. :tongue:
  • AshleyLauren589
    AshleyLauren589 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've heard that before, but I have no idea how true it is. It's yummy though! So since it *might* be helping, I make sure to sprinkle a little extra into my coffee in the morning :wink:
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    It's great for weight loss. Ingest it by the tablespoon.
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I knew someone who was diabetic and used it to help balance her blood sugar. She believed it helped lower her levels. I have no idea if it worked.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine it makes a huge difference in weight loss, but it does have many health benefits and it's delicious, so I add it to something nearly every day. It's great with oatmeal. Yum.
  • Dippydog
    Dippydog Posts: 154
    Options
    It's a great natural deterrent for sugar ants. Sprinkle it around the cracks where they come into the house, in a steady line, and they won't cross it.

Whenever you are around I know something funny is coming. Thanks for not letting me down. LOL:laugh:
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options

Whenever you are around I know something funny is coming. Thanks for not letting me down. LOL:laugh:

:smokin:
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Eating a lot of it is not going to make you lose weight. However, it obviously enhances the flavor of a lot of foods, much like sugar. If you choose to add cinnamon to a food INSTEAD of a sweetener, it could save you calories, which in turn would lead to weight loss. That's about the only connection I can make.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Eating a lot of it is not going to make you lose weight. However, it obviously enhances the flavor of a lot of foods, much like sugar. If you choose to add cinnamon to a food INSTEAD of a sweetener, it could save you calories, which in turn would lead to weight loss. That's about the only connection I can make.

Yes it's in the tea, Good Earth Original , that I drink it sweetens it.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I hate it, not allowed in my food or house. I have a reaction and total aversion to it, even the smell makes me sick. Glad that I don't have to depend on it to lose weight.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory properties and may help your body process insulin. Used properly, the second characteristic can help some people with insulin resistance.

Personally, I get cinnamon cravings just as badly as I get chocolate cravings, so I have to be careful of how I use it.

Last night, I mixed cinnamon into chocolate pudding and my partner went wild for it!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I noticed at Walmart, they sell it in the vitamin section in capsules.
  • waterbabeAD
    waterbabeAD Posts: 73
    Options
    I read in a running magazine a few months ago that cinnamon and chillies help boost your motabilisim. I sprinkle cinnamon on my porridge every morning and try to use chillies in my cooking. I don't know if it has made a huge difference, but I am losing weight and shaping up thanks to a combination of diet and exercise habit changes, cinnamon being one.

Here is a bit more info on the weightloss properties of cinnamon:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/277807-health-benefits-of-cinnamon-for-weight-loss/
  • smex14
    smex14 Posts: 48
    Options
    I had a look at foods that were supposed to boost your metabolism too, and as I love both cinnamon and ginger I've been drinking honey and ginger tea and putting cinnamon into my tea in the morning, tasty. Not sure about weight loss cuz I've only really started my diet back up recently but I can say since I've been doing that/given up smoking and started exercising that I have more energy!
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I don't know but it's really good on warmed appples.
  • Mmmie
    Mmmie Posts: 31
    Options
    It's great for weight loss. Ingest it by the tablespoon.

You maybe don't want to do that I am sure that is a bad idea. I take cinnamon as a supplement for diabetes it is a sugar blocker
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Its delicious!