Zig Zagging Calories Day 1

Options
13»

Replies

• WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Well today was my first day back to Zig Zagging. My sister is gone and although I attempted to get back to it yesterday I was extremely hungry and honestly it got out of hand. I feel good though I was just under my 1340 cal target but not the least bit hungry. I guess my body just needed 1 more day!

So starting again today (May 23/2011)! Day 1 and Day 2 = 1340 calories and Day 3 = 1560 calories!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Great news! I find my weight often varies during the week never really eluding to it's trend. I might get on the scale daily or every 2 days but I never consider that a "real" weight because I know it will change by my official weigh in day.

My weight varies so much it's ridiculious lol...if I'm 187 on weigh in day (Monday morning), I could be as high as 194 during the week lol. My strategy for weighing in is to do it every Monday after I get up, and after the restroom. This way all 'extra' weight is gone from my body, no food weight, no waste weight, and since its on Monday and my rest day is Sunday...I have minimal water weight as well.

And back on topic, I officially started a zig zag setup today. My calories are higher than all of yours of course...but I'm hoping to kick this last 7lbs so I can reevaluate my weight, and see if I need to lose more =D. I'd been stuck at 187 for about 3 weeks. Hopefully this does the trick =D.

Cris
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Well I figured I would weigh in today just to see what I got since yesterday I was back on track and really upped my water. Either I didn't do AS bad as I thought or my scale is messing with me but this journey is about learning. I weighed in today at 132.3 which is a pretty big loss from Sunday when I was 134lbs. Today is another lower day so I will weigh tomorrow to see if it balances out a bit or what.

Regardless if it is true it is GREAT motivation! I am one to weigh daily (when I remember). If I gain I work harder and if I lose it makes me so proud that I continue with what works.

Good Luck to all the new zig zaggers:flowerforyou:

Please post back here with your progress as well!
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Well I figured I would weigh in today just to see what I got since yesterday I was back on track and really upped my water. Either I didn't do AS bad as I thought or my scale is messing with me but this journey is about learning. I weighed in today at 132.3 which is a pretty big loss from Sunday when I was 134lbs. Today is another lower day so I will weigh tomorrow to see if it balances out a bit or what.

Regardless if it is true it is GREAT motivation! I am one to weigh daily (when I remember). If I gain I work harder and if I lose it makes me so proud that I continue with what works.

Good Luck to all the new zig zaggers:flowerforyou:

Please post back here with your progress as well!

I weigh daily too...but very rarely will I see a loss on a day that isn't Monday lol...not sure why that is but it's how it works. I always gain back 2-5lbs during the week, then bam, the next Monday it's gone plus a little...lol.

Cris
  • marchegt
    marchegt Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

I read all the posts and it was all very helpful as I have been trying to learn about zig-zagging. I understand the process now and have also read some other (controversial.. haha) threads on MFP about zig-zagging. I have a question though... the freedieting website takes into account exercise to determine your maintenance calories. I know that after months of doing this, I am exercising more and have less fat and more muscle (therefore, most likely a faster metabolism... which leads to increased calories burned in a day from doing nothing!).

SO, MFP gives me about 1680 calories to maintain my current weight (btw, I am 5'6, female, 128lbs and hoping to get down to 125). The freedieting site though, which takes into account activity level (which I think is important) is telling me that my maintenance calories should be at1 1980 (and that is if I exercise 5 days/week,and since I am currently jobless I am working out30-60 minutes a day 6-7 days a week). That's a big difference, in my opinion.

So I am just looking for opinions. I know this is all whatever I feel and whatever works for me, but just wondering what others have done! (and how do I determine my "low" days.. can i just eat at 1200 which is what I would need to lose 1lb a week.. and that actually wont even let me lose 1lb a week, only like 0.8 lol but i refuse to eat less than 1200 cuz even on 1200 i am STARVING!)

Thanks all :):) And congrats to everyone! And Kickrz... I completed level 1 of 30 day shred as well but level 2 i quit cuz i hated it haha... still do level 1 every now and the though!
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Hey all!

I read all the posts and it was all very helpful as I have been trying to learn about zig-zagging. I understand the process now and have also read some other (controversial.. haha) threads on MFP about zig-zagging. I have a question though... the freedieting website takes into account exercise to determine your maintenance calories. I know that after months of doing this, I am exercising more and have less fat and more muscle (therefore, most likely a faster metabolism... which leads to increased calories burned in a day from doing nothing!).

Where do you read that the freedieting site takes exercise into account before generating its numbers for maintenance? Assuming it doesn't...which is a safe assumption because...if we're thinking of the same site, it doesn't say anywhere where it does...that will solve quite a bit of your dilemma all by itself.
    SO, MFP gives me about 1680 calories to maintain my current weight (btw, I am 5'6, female, 128lbs and hoping to get down to 125). The freedieting site though, which takes into account activity level (which I think is important) is telling me that my maintenance calories should be at1 1980 (and that is if I exercise 5 days/week,and since I am currently jobless I am working out30-60 minutes a day 6-7 days a week). That's a big difference, in my opinion.

This site takes your activity level into account as well. They just use different calculations to get the maintenance number, thus the reason this one is a good bit lower than most.

I don't use MFP's calorie recommendation anymore. It had me at 1530cal, at 5'7, 187lbs....and for nearly 3 weeks now, my weight hasn't budged. For the prior 5 weeks, I'd lost almost 20lbs, eating more food and only lightly tracking them. This last week I raised my calories and am following the zig zag from that website, as well as eating back the majority of my exercise calories.

Guess we'll see how it goes =D.