Electric Grill

Options
ropedancer
ropedancer Posts: 115
Help! I was recently given an electric grill, and I have no idea what to do with it. I'm still a very new cook, and the idea of cooking with anything other than a stove or a rice cooker is alien to me. Does anyone have any tips of yummy recipes (we're big chicken eaters here!). The grill isn't a George Forman grill. It's a large circular gill with a glass lid if that helps.

Replies

• katiesmama4306
    Options
    I have a George and if it's similar than you can cook anything on it. I grill veggies like eggplant and zucchini. I've put all kinds of meat on it, chicken, steak, pork, hamburgers and hot dogs. The biggest tip that I can offer is to make sure that the meat is not too thick because it does cook rather quickly so if the meat is too thick the outside will char and the inside will be raw. Try this: marinade some chicken breast in a light Italian dressing. Dice some tomato and add (to taste) chopped garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Grill the chicken, top with the tomato mixture grill for about another minute (if you someone else has the George, just hold the lid close to the top). Super quick, super easy and super yummy.