A downside to exercise? (pic)

Options
LOL So ya, when like to work out outside, depending on what you're into, you can end up with some interesting tan lines. Went out for a 42 mile bicycle ride with my team today and came back with this lovely little addition to my tattoo.... LOL

cyclingtan.jpg

Anyone else have some ridiculous tan lines to share? :D

Replies

• DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Love it! Hilarious! I don't have any yet, but as soon as swim season hits (pool opened today), I'll be sporting some too!
  • bethikabob
    bethikabob Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    LOL! I have shorts and sneaker tan lines--not to mention the tank top with a sports bra tan line that I dont think will ever go away--it's my fave thing to run in :)
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    omg ya, my legs look funny from the shorts i was wearing, too. let me take a pic right quick, hehehehe :)
  • aaronbyard
    aaronbyard Posts: 20
    Options
    hahahah I usually wear long sleeves (or sunblock) because I have forearm tattoos, but my shorts tan line is ridiculous. I think that's totally awesome.
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    I've been riding 20 miles a day with long sleeves, so the backs of my hands are getting ridiculously tan.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I use sunscreen if I'm going to be out a while, but it doesn't much matter. I'll be about as pale come August as I am now. It's like the sunlight just reflects off me or something. If by some freak chance I do get a little bit of color, it fades by the next day.
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Come summer time, I almost always have a tanned left arm and a pale right arm. I like to drive with the windows down and my arm resting on the windowsill. You would think this would be more common, but people always look at me like i'm a leper, lol
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I've got my infamous "sock tan." My feet up to my ankles are white, and the rest of my leg is tan. So I look like I'm wearing socks even when I'm not.

Edited to add: I get that from walking/jogging outside, along with yard work.
  • CeleryStalker
    Options
    the reason i dont use sunscreen is because as it gets warmer, the jerseys will be tank top rather than short sleeve, and the shorts get shorter. that and the sundresses provide me with a pretty nice tan. it eventually evens out.

man, just thinking about it makes me so happy to be shedding the winter lard layer and looking forward to feeling good about the way i look again. i miss that :( yay for working towards that feeling again :)

so, here's the legs, LMAO
  • CeleryStalker
    Options
    cyclinglegs.jpg
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    I don't have a picture, but a couple weeks ago I got sunburned. Was working outside and wearing gloves. Not only did I get a horrible farmer's tan from short sleeves, but my hands are still white too. :grumble:
  • mursey
    mursey Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    nope, I'm still pale as a ghost on my legs. They rarely see the sun!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Hasn't been sunny enough this year for a tan! It's pretty depressing.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    When i saw the topic I was expecting a pick of a compound fracture or something along those lines.

Today I went hiking in my Keens sandals. My feet have tiger stripe tan lines on them. I had the same thing last summer.
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Impressive. I raise you gladiator sandals and 6 hours of cali sun.
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    Don't have pics, but I mowed our yard today,
    took me 2 hrs. I got a bright idea that since
    it was so warm out I would wear my bikini top so I would
    get some sun............and boy did I! Ended up with alot
    of sun.................ouch............sunburn....I love the weather!
  • CeleryStalker
    Options
    When i saw the topic I was expecting a pick of a compound fracture or something along those lines.

Today I went hiking in my Keens sandals. My feet have tiger stripe tan lines on them. I had the same thing last summer.

LOL OMG, well, now I guess I shouldn't complain about the dorky tan lines. So glad I don't have a compound fracture pic to share. hehehehe!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I heard of a girl that went running in a tank top with her ipod band on her arm, which left a nice white void. My left arm will also be more tan than my right due to me driving all the time. I usually also get a tan spot on my left knee where the sun will come in through the window, but miss everything else.