HELP!! Please explain....If every day were like today...

Options
I don't mean to be down but I've been on this thing for about a month - with nearly ALWAYS 'under calorie for the day" and 'if every day were like today you'd weigh ???kg in 5 weeks." I've exercised almost EVERY day for 30minutes.
Well buddy the FIVE weeks is up and I'm NOT I'm the pretty well the same weight ..........so please explain!!!

Replies

• cdthom
    cdthom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    are you maybe not eating enough and put your body in starvation mode?
  • avon_momma
    avon_momma Posts: 4
    Options
    You know something? I was thinking the very exact same thing the other day, according to my updates I've logged in 40 days in a row, the three pound loss I'm showing was because I entered the wrong weight when I was signing up and corrected it. Starting to lose a little faith :/

For me I've been told a few times that I'm under my calorie count for the day, but I'm usually within 100 cals one way or the other.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    In order for the 5 week prediction to be close/right/or even near, you need to

1) drink your water
    2) eat ALL or as close as possible to your calorie goal each day for 5 weeks

(With an extremely small amount of exceptions) Nobody should eat less than 1200 calories. This holds even more truth if you do any type of exercise. Eat more. Lose weight. Read the links found on the second page of 'shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com' to learn more.
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    I don't mean to be down but I've been on this thing for about a month - with nearly ALWAYS 'under calorie for the day" and 'if every day were like today you'd weigh ???kg in 5 weeks." I've exercised almost EVERY day for 30minutes.
    Well buddy the FIVE weeks is up and I'm NOT I'm the pretty well the same weight ..........so please explain!!!

I have a same problem :))) I am doing exercise every day 7 times a week for an hour and eating around 1600-1800 calories what is recommended for me plus eating back the calories which is also recommended, but still did not reach the weight what would be always 5 weeks :P "Seems like 5 weeks never ends"
  • thpeek
    thpeek Posts: 76
    Options
    I recommend that you eat several small meals a day..I quit losing weight if I eat all my calories in just 2 or 3 bigger meals a day, I rev up my calorie burner by eating several times a day, that way my body does not think I am starving and hold on to every calorie that I eat. My daily calorie goal is 1200, which is what my doctor recommended for weight loss. Also 30 minutes of excercise is not enough for weight loss in my opinion. My doctor said that I need 45 minutes of cardio per day for weight loss at a minimum. Then 30 minutes strength training, muscle burns fat and I am trying to build muscle so my weight loss may not truely reflect what I have lost in fat and gained in muscle......It takes time. You just need to figure out what is going to work for you, don't give up :-)
  • sassy0930
    sassy0930 Posts: 5
    Options
    I would look at WHAT your eating, not how much. If you eat 1200 calories of carbs your body won't lose weight. Everyone always says it's a numbers game, but it isn't that simple. You should be burning more calories than you're taking in, so keep up with that, but start replacing carbs you may eat with protein and see how that helps for a couple of days. Like instead of toast for breakfast, have a couple of eggs. etc..
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone..trying to eat as close to my allowance and my diet is pretty healthy..includes resh fruit and vegies every day, and protein and low GI carbs etc...I'm in the normal BMI range so maybe these last few kg aren't actually going to go anywhere??
    I've increased my water too..but really..thanks for the support and advice..I really really appreciate it! Glad MFP are out there to lend an ear when I need it:blushing:
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    But..if this is all true why don't they say in 5 weeks you'll be ???kg (being a higher figure??)