My food diary doesn't seem realistic...

Options
My calories it gave me was 1199 and everything else is really low.... whenever I put something in it it lists for example protein... my protein is always gone so quick yet everything you pretty much eat has some kind of protein in it.. what am i suppose to do?

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    The requirements for protein and fiber are set too low automatically on this site. You can edit your goals and optimum amounts for nutrients (i.e. protein, carbs, fiber) to make them more realistic for your lifestyle
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about going over in protein, more see it as a minimum I am trying to reach. Sugars, carbs and sodium I try to stay under on. The body process the macro nutrients differently. Sugars and carbs are turned into fat much more easily than protein.
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I think the protein and vitamin goals on this site are minimums, not maximums. It doesn't hurt you to go over on either (unless you're getting crazy amounts on some vitamins but that's pretty hard to do).
  • ThermalYew1
    ThermalYew1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oh okay... thanks you everyone! It was really starting to tick me off cause I was trying to decide what I was going to eat tomorrow and nothing I did was working! Thanks again!
  • mursey
    mursey Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I completely changed my stats for my goals. I do low carb so the normal setting would never work for me. I changed mine to something heavy on fat and protein and super low on carbs and sugars.
  • Lesamay
    Lesamay Posts: 4
    Options
    I was havng the same quandry with the protien. It was a little tricky finding where to change the protien default settings. Its under your goals tab. I read on another tab that 15 -30% was acceptable for protien. I always have a lot of carbs let over (I guess I'm a meat lover not sweets) so I experimented with the ratio of protien and carbs until it matched my food preferences better. I did it at the end of an average day. I kept my fat at the mfp default.