How do I lose this big butt?

Options
Now I know a little butt is a good thing....having a flat butt is not my goal, but I have a little more junk in my trunk than I'd like to have!! Does anybody have any tips? Good exercises to tone the butt or anything? Anything will help!! Thanks!! :)

Replies

• shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    The squats, donkey kicks, stairs....
  • gardea
    gardea Posts: 75
    Options
    Squats!!!! They lift it where is should be but also make it smaller. I don't know about other people, but biking makes my butt flat!!!
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Kick Boxing helped me slim my bum, hips and thighs!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a HUGE butt right now, but back in my "skinny days" I found lots of walking actually made my butt smaller.
  • bethanna91
    bethanna91 Posts: 63
    Options
    does the elliptical tone/firm/lift your bum? I'm curious.
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... keep the butt :)
  • ehilgeman
    ehilgeman Posts: 45
    Options
    Oh, I come from a long line of short, squat peasants, with "childbearing hips." I, too, struggle with the booty. So, yes, lunges and squats work like everyone else is saying, but I have a secret weapon DVD called "Bar Method Body Designer Sculpting" and it's got this exercise called "the pretzel," plus a killer series of variations on "bridge pose" that have done more to tone my tush than anything else.
    And, to bethanna91, in my experience, no the elliptical is good cardio so great for all around fat loss and health, but it has not done much to tone the bum. Still a great piece of equipment tho!
  • Armymom44
    Armymom44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Brazilian butt lift
  • Tacosmamma
    Tacosmamma Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I set the elliptical just to work the Glutes.... It will shrink as you lose the weigh~
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    does the elliptical tone/firm/lift your bum? I'm curious.

The elliptical is supposed to be one of the best machines for toning the butt and backs of the thighs and I tend to agree. Since I got my elliptical about a month and a half ago my butt has really toned/lifted and shrunk.
  • SpazEMcGee
    SpazEMcGee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    -DangerRanger

Lol!! C'mon! It has to go somewhere! It makes buying jeans SOOOOOO inconvenient!! lol

Thank you guys!!

So what is the Brazillian Butt lift? And what are donkey kicks?