french person looking for some support :)

Options
Hello everyone!

I arrived in the USofA nine months ago and had to try every new american things that came to my eyes, I gained a bunch of weight thanks to that! I've never been used to work out so I need to start on that. I do walk 45 minutes a day, 5 days of week but I'm pretty sure it is not enough. My biggest fear is going to the gym and being judge by a bunch of judgemental people, ready to judge (yes, lots of judging, sorry for my lack of vocabulary) every (wrong) move I make.

I want to work in the law enforcement, so I really need to be in shape. I don't want to be that cliché cop eating donuts in her car.

I'm trying to find some motivation here, and I hope to see myself progressing as much as y'all do :)

Replies

• lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    If you're hoping to find someone to communicate with you in French, you can add me :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Titanosaurus
    Options
    It's great that you have a career goal, and that is a part of wanting to succeed. I felt the same way about joining a gym to
    get in shape. The best thing I can tell you is to look at many different places. Not every place will be like that. Sorry though, I
    don't speak French, but you can add me too. I think you will do great; after all, you decided you want to make a change and
    that is the hardest part for many people.

Best wishes,

Titanosaurus