Starting my journey!

crysthom
crysthom Posts: 27
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, my name is Crystal and I am 28 years old. I have a 10 year old daughter. I recently found MFP. I have used it for about 4 days now and really like it. I have about 120-125 lbs to lose. I am taking it 10 lbs at a time. Every 10 lbs I lose I will treat myself to something fun. Maybe a pedicure or something like that.

My calorie goal is 1800 a day but I have been sticking pretty close to 1500. I have also not had a soda in 4 days! Which is really good for me since I usually drink only soda. Now it is water water water!! I started working out about 4 times a week for an hour at the local gym. One of those times each week I meet with a personal trainer to assess.

I am doing this for myself and my daughter. I want to model a healthful life for her! I would like to see a significant difference in myself by August as I will start student teaching then and would like to wear nice clothes and look professional.

Good luck to everyone out there on their healthy lifestyle goals!

**Crystal**

Replies

• mzkocoa87
    mzkocoa87 Posts: 2
    congrats on starting yyour journery...mine has been umm intersting...good luck!!!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Welcome to MFP!! Congratulations on breaking the soda habit. You might think about Fat Free Milk in addition to your Water. It is low in calories and a good source of Protein.
    :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Welcome aboard! It is a continuous learning experience.

I started out needing to lose 165 lbs. and now I'm down over 64 lbs. So it is more than possible.

Add me as a friend if you like.

All the best!
This discussion has been closed.