Frustrated!!! 2weeks and no loss again

Options
This is my first post and I'm 35 ish lol and weigh 11.2 I'm trying so hard at the moment I'm living and breathing food and feeling guilty most of the time either because I've eaten badly or haven't got enough walking done. I've looked at my food diary and thinking I'm doing well but no loss I can't understand why? I know I need to exercise more but have a little one and can't get to the gym so I do as much walking as I can. Next week I'll do my best to get to the gym even tho it will have to be late I the evening. Thought weight loss was going to be fairly simple lol less calories in burn more calories = weight loss but no! Not the case for me. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! Many thanks.

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    You're quite close to goal. It's going to be a long, slow process to shed those last few lbs. Don't get frustrated. At over 200 lbs. I plateaud for nearly a whole month. Last week I lost less than half a lb. and I still have 67 lbs. to go!

Don't get frustrated. I vote stick with your current plan for two more weeks and if you're still seeing no change, switch something up. Experiment with one variable at a time and see how it goes. Good luck!
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are frustrated.

My experience has been that weight loss is not linear - I've not seen a steady number of pounds drop off each week. If I average it out, yes I've dropped at least 1lb each week - probably 2lbs (I've not seen a loss for a few weeks either).

Keep doing what you are - and stop feeling guilty. :smile:
  • kristofferbas
    kristofferbas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Every body is different (and strange). Some weeks I loose 0.5 kilo and some weeks I loose 3 kilos, and the logging and exercise is almost exactly the same for both weeks. Just keep going and I'm sure It'll get better soon enough :) Good luck!

/k
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. It happens to all of us.

Have a look at Leslie Sansone walks. I have the 5 mile fat burning walk and in that hour I burn lots of calories (around 300 or more). And the best thing is that you can do it at home while little one is sleeping.

Or get another exercise DVD, they are great when you have little ones. I don't go to the gym as I can't afford it. And even if I could afford it, I could commit to a regular visits. If you can, it's brilliant though.

Also try and ask on freecycle for a exercise bike or something like that. Sometimes they come up. I got a bike from there. Again, it's great for when little ones are sleeping.

And look into the C25K....it's running program and it's great too. I get up earlier in the morning to do it and normally come home when everyone is waking up so not missing breakfast with them.

Skipping rope is good as well.

Or get the exercise ball. And set of dumbbells free weight and you can do lots. Arms, abs, core, legs...the whole thing.

Anyway, sorry for going on. The main thing is that you are sticking with it and it will happen. :smile:
  • kate1975
    kate1975 Posts: 31
    Options
    Thank you all for your input and I know it's a struggle for most of us. Thanks for the exercise tips too. Many thanks again. X.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,204 Member
    Options
    Walking is good exercise, but remember you don't need to go to a gym to workout. You can do a full body workout at home using just body weight exercises. There are bunch of resources both free and paid on the Internet. An exercise ball is a great thing to purchase as there are exercises you can do with it using your body weight that you cannot do without it.

Something simple could be this (remember they are all bodyweight exercises):

Warm up with some running in place for 4-5 minutes to get your muscles warm and loose.
    Squats -- 10 to 12 repetitions, rest 60 seconds then repeat with the rest 3 more times
    Lunges -- 10 to 12 repetitions, rest 60 seconds then repeat with the rest 3 more times
    Push-ups -- 10 to 12 or as many as you can do, rest 60 and then repeat with rest 3 more times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwRLWMcOdwI
    Let me ins -- 10 to 12 with 60 seconds rest between and repeat 3 more times http://exercisegarage.com/let-me-in-a-body-weight-instructional-video/
    Plank -- hold as long as you can rest for 60 seconds and repeat 2 more times
    Side plank -- hold as long as you can, switch to other side hold as long and you can and rest for 60 seconds and repeat
    Stretch your muscles afterward

This will work pretty much your whole body and it a good starting workout. If you need help with form check out youtube for instructional videos.
  • kate1975
    kate1975 Posts: 31
    Options
    Thank you, I can't do push ups or anything that puts weight on my wrists as I have tendinitis but I will try the rest as I also have weights/bar bells. Thank you for putting in the effort and time for your post. Many thanks again to you and everyone who posted x x x