I'm losing it!!

So I'm active here but don't post...so here goes for my first post. Okay so I hopped on the scale this morning and to my surprise I'm back to 306...I'm thinking how the hell and crying at the same time. I stayed withing my calories for the past several days...only went over sodium 750 mg(whatever it is) yesterday and I still gained the weight back. I honestly started crying when I saw the number on the scale because its getting pointless...when I start doing well on the food portion and working out consistently this ish happen. Like I'm so furious right now...I could easily go to McDonalds to just pig out but I'm trying to release this anger thru words. I just don't understand when I wasn't counting calories and eating what I wanted I lost weight but now that I'm doing right it's backfiring in my face. I'M SO FEELING LIKE SAYING FREAK IT AND GIVE UP....I CAN'T HANDLE THIS FRUSTRATION....I thought it was maybe because I wasn't sweating enough but I can see that had nothing to do with it. I have only lost 14 freaking pounds in 3 months...thats freaking ridiculous(sp? cant think so anger), now I know the whole 3 months weren't so bad but it could have been better. I might as well stay the same if I have to deal with this, I mean I have a lot of weight to lose so why the hell will I hit a plateau especially since I haven't lost alot. I would be happy if I could tell in clothes or see it in measurements but I can't even see it that way...maybe I dont know how to measure right or whatever but Im getting so tired of failing. I mean I'm going to stay off the scale till my next weigh in but if it says the same damn thing its over...I might as well say forget it cause I'm doing what I'm suppose to do and getting no where!:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• So I'm active here but don't post...so here goes for my first post. Okay so I hopped on the scale this morning and to my surprise I'm back to 306...I'm thinking how the hell and crying at the same time. I stayed withing my calories for the past several days...only went over sodium 750 mg(whatever it is) yesterday and I still gained the weight back. I honestly started crying when I saw the number on the scale because its getting pointless...when I start doing well on the food portion and working out consistently this ish happen. Like I'm so furious right now...I could easily go to McDonalds to just pig out but I'm trying to release this anger thru words. I just don't understand when I wasn't counting calories and eating what I wanted I lost weight but now that I'm doing right it's backfiring in my face. I'M SO FEELING LIKE SAYING FREAK IT AND GIVE UP....I CAN'T HANDLE THIS FRUSTRATION....I thought it was maybe because I wasn't sweating enough but I can see that had nothing to do with it. I have only lost 14 freaking pounds in 3 months...thats freaking ridiculous(sp? cant think so anger), now I know the whole 3 months weren't so bad but it could have been better. I might as well stay the same if I have to deal with this, I mean I have a lot of weight to lose so why the hell will I hit a plateau especially since I haven't lost alot. I would be happy if I could tell in clothes or see it in measurements but I can't even see it that way...maybe I dont know how to measure right or whatever but Im getting so tired of failing. I mean I'm going to stay off the scale till my next weigh in but if it says the same damn thing its over...I might as well say forget it cause I'm doing what I'm suppose to do and getting no where!:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Hey hun! I know it get's frustrating!! But please don't give up. I can try and help you here. Because you SHOULD be losing pretty steadily if you are doing what you are supposed to be doing.

Can you tell me how much you are eating? Also, what is your height and age? All of these numbers can help us in figuring out if there is something you can be doing differently. Also, how active are you?

I'm here for you! :flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Please don't give up hun! You can do this, you know you can. Sure it's going to take awhile, but you have the tools and the knowledge to get it done. Don't let this thing beat you..ya know? It's like you have to be pissed (pardon my language) at being heavy and go at it with everything you have! You definately do not want to go to mcdonald's, I know you don't, you just think u do because food tastes so yummy...if u want burgers go buy some extra lean ground beef and light hamburger buns and go tot town, it's far healthier for you than the "grease pit". I know it's discouraging to have so much to lose, but if u give up now, you'll wind up probably having even more to lose, and that's not what u want right? So chin up! You can do it! :) If you want to message me anytime, you go right ahead, I can always use another friend :)
    :heart: Lauren
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Just remember this. 14 lbs in 3 months is 56 POUNDS IN 1 YEAR. That's a heck of a lot of weight. You need to cut yourself some slack. stick with it. Stop weighing in so much, make this part of your lifestyle instead of something you are "doing". It's kind of like the watched kettle never boils principle. The more you focus on your weight, the more frustrating it will get. The less you think about it, the happier you will be when you see results. That's not to say stop focusing on following the process, you should continue as ever, but don't focus on the physical results so much. it's all about becoming healthier, weight loss and muscle development will come if you focus on being healthier!
  • Don't give up!!! It can take awhile to make any head way. Just this morning I took a step on the scale also, I lost another pound but it has practically taken me 2 weeks to do so. But that one pound does count.
  • Hey hun! I know it get's frustrating!! But please don't give up. I can try and help you here. Because you SHOULD be losing pretty steadily if you are doing what you are supposed to be doing.

Can you tell me how much you are eating? Also, what is your height and age? All of these numbers can help us in figuring out if there is something you can be doing differently. Also, how active are you?

I'm here for you! :flowerforyou:
    -Tami

Well i'm 5'9 and 21 years old....I eat around 1760 to 2000 calories a day. I don't eat all my exercise calories but I do try to eat some of them. I'm not really that "badly" out of shape because I have been working out for about 2 years but just started focusing on the food again!

Thanks to everyone for support. I don't want McDonalds...the old Lina would have done that but I just put in a dvd and walked 4 miles and I feel a little bit better but I'm still farely frustrated!
  • Oh and I workout at least 4 times a week for 45 minutes. I use to go to a trial and walk between 1.75 to 3.50 miles but since the weather has been up and down for the past month and a half I have been doing workout dvds at home.