Anniversary #7

Options
damcool
damcool Posts: 97 Member
Today is my anniversary with my husband of 7 years. I just want to post this to encourage others...

I met Mitch in 2000 while his wife at the time was pregnant with their third child. We became friends in 2001, over a conversation about religion. I'm a christian, but was extremely discouraged by the church and hadn't gone in 6 years. He was and always has been a devout christian and we had a great conversation about that. I realized then that this is the type of man I want to marry...When his ex-wife cheated on him for the 8th time, she left him alone with their 3 children. He wanted a relationship with me about 6 months after, but I felt he wasn't truly ready to be with me. After a year, we started to date. He then broke up with me because I was really messed up. I changed my life and a year after that we were married. We got pregnant on our honeymoon and I gained 65 lbs through my pregnancy. I went from about 135 to 200 lbs. I lost some and by the time I got pregnant with my second child I weighed 160. I gained 60 lbs with him and only lost 35 lbs when he was born. I then gained weight the years after. On our anniversary last year I made a promise to myself that I would be the same weight that I was when we got married 7 years ago. I started counting calories and figured out what I was eating and realized that I was eating healthy, but WAY too much. So, I joined MFP in June and my life has changed drastically. I'm now 60-65 lbs down (depending on the day, and I don't count every lb, I only go in 5 lb increments) and I'm 10 lbs away from the weight that I was when we were married. The best part of this is that my husband has NEVER looked at me differently. He loved (and wanted me) at 205 and wants me at 145...I'm so thankful for a man that is willing to look past the physical and looks to my soul and spirit. I feel so very blessed that I have someone that loves me no matter what the outside of me looks like. Don't get me wrong, he's enjoying the "skinnier" me, but he's proven himself worthy of my love through his faithfulness to me...Thank you for listening!

Replies

• sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    He sounds like a keeper! Congratulations on seven years. It's nice to hear stories like this. I'm glad your husband has supported you through your weight ups and downs. I hope you enjoy your anniversary!
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary. Life has its ups and downs not only measured by the scale. Best of luck to you and your family :smile:
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy you posted this!! Your an inspiration for sure, I think this should be in the Success Stories! You have done such an awesome job. I was also lucky and found a man who is the same way, I'm almost to the point where my husband has never seen me at, which is kinda sad. Its so nice to have a husband that supports you and makes you feel ccomfortable, I'm glad you found one too:) Congrats on your weight loss and also your 7th anniversary!!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    What a nice story! Glad I started my Sunday morning reading that!
    Happy Anniversary and many more happy and healthy years together!
  • darcyrobillard
    Options
    Congratulations on your Anniversary and your amazing weight loss. :happy:
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    What a great love story! And Congratulations on Anniversary #7!! My 8th is coming in August and I was similar to you in that we got pregnant the week after our wedding. I was 125lbs and gained 60 lbs like you did. Lost half, then got pregnant with #2. Lost half and got pregnant with #3. I might take your lead and make my annivesary a goal to lose 30lbs!