Sugar Cravings

Options
Ezwoldo
Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
Is it just me but when I get really tired as I have been for the last week or so, I just crave that sugar rush no matter what I do it won't go away, When I am not so tired I am fine. It's easy to say just get some sleep but I have been a bit busy with moving so am struggling.

Replies

• dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I will tell you that my hardest cravings for sugar happen after I eat. Even I am eating a healthy meal, they are almost so strong sometimes that its uncontrolable. I've been winning the battle most days, but then sometimes...well you know.

I would say find an acceptable substitue, exercise, or try keeping your carb intake lower, no refined sugars or "white" carbs, that has helped me.

Good luck, God Bless.

Diane
  • Lotuser
    Lotuser Posts: 9
    Options
    Same with me, my sugar cravings always happen after I eat. Apparently it's cause ur potassium lowers... Ive been told A piece of fruit after ur meal should help with the cravings...

I cant say it works for me, but I'm addicted to chocolate!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I have found that people with the greatest Sugar cravings are those who drink alot of pop. Diet expecially. Also those who add artifically sweetners to there food or eat food with it in it. IF they are doing alot of sports drinks. All these things can cause you to have out of control sugar cravings.

Example I havd a client who was using splenda in her tea. I had her quit adding it and the cravings went way down or there was no craving at all.

Eathing healthy foods and natrual sugar like fruits is always the best choice. Making sure you blood sugar stays stable through out the day is a big key too
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I find it best to keep a dark chocolate bar or dark chocolate chips in the house and have a serving of that when I feel that sweet tooth. It has antioxidants, can help relax blood pressure, reduces LDL cholesterol levels, and can help keep your metabolic rate up to normal when you are feeling lethargic. Just nibble (don't just pop it all into your mouth) a small bar/ square or Tbsp of dark chocolate chips has about 70 cals and great health benefits :)