Finally finished Kinesiology and Bio-Mechanics

banks1850
banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
Ack, what a bear. Now I'm on to nutrition. Muhuhuhahahahahhaaaa!!! This is an area I know QUITE well. Oh, for those that don't know, I'm studying for my Personal Trainer Cert (ACE)

Personal trainer book is rough, very dry, kind of like my Thermodynamics text in college BA DA DUM! (little engineering dork humor for you there, get it? Thermodynamics, the study of heat properties, and the term "dry". Man I'm such a nerd!)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this section, I love finding out things I didn't know. I'll tell you what though, having an engineering background really did help me with the kinesiology and bio-mechanics aspect though, lots of talk about force ratios and lever arms and Center's of gravity. All stuff I have a VERY solid understanding of.

Replies

• banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Ack, what a bear. Now I'm on to nutrition. Muhuhuhahahahahhaaaa!!! This is an area I know QUITE well. Oh, for those that don't know, I'm studying for my Personal Trainer Cert (ACE)

Personal trainer book is rough, very dry, kind of like my Thermodynamics text in college BA DA DUM! (little engineering dork humor for you there, get it? Thermodynamics, the study of heat properties, and the term "dry". Man I'm such a nerd!)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this section, I love finding out things I didn't know. I'll tell you what though, having an engineering background really did help me with the kinesiology and bio-mechanics aspect though, lots of talk about force ratios and lever arms and Center's of gravity. All stuff I have a VERY solid understanding of.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Know what you mean. I have ACSMs Resources for the Personal Trainer. I got about 3 pages before picking up a novel. It's been gathering dust ever since.