It's too sweet?!?!?!

Options
jmwolffyy
jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
So I have always had the biggest sweet tooth on the planet. But I went hard into the first couple of months of my diet and exercise routine and cut out LOTS of junk food (because of a contest). Now that I am trying to balance my diet so that it is something that I can and will stick with, I am adding back in some of those things I used to love to eat, but when I eat, say half a serving, I am finding that I am overwhelmed by the sweetness and I just don't want those things anymore. Examples? Girl Scout Cookies (I bought 5 boxes during the contest and made my hubby hide them from me), Dove dark chocolate "Easter eggs", the soda in my mixed drink.... I guess I will let my kids and hubby finish off the candy and cookies and then we won't be buying that stuff ever again!!!

Replies

• Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    That's great! :) I've found the same thing also. I don't drink soft drinks anymore, now find lollies too sweet, and can't stand to have any sugar in my tea or coffee these days.

I still love to bake, but when I bake cakes, cupcakes or biscuits I now use about 1/4 -1/2 the recommended sugar and that suits me fine.
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    Options
    I've had the same experience. I gave up sweets for Lent and had my first piece of chocolate on Friday. It was kinda weird tasting. Now I'm challenging myself to cut out high fructose corn syrup. You are doing fantastic.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! I gave up soadas 3 months ago. accidentally took a swig off my kids drink the other day, a Coke, and thought, Man that is nasty! How did I ever drink 2-3 of those a day?
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that you posted this, because one can definitely kill a sweet tooth by simply avoiding sweets for a few weeks or months!:bigsmile:

I killed mine 25 years ago and it never came back. It can be done folks--just chuck those sweets and you'll be surprised how quickly you lose that sweet tooth! :happy:
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Can totally relate. Can't even drink full strength juice anymore, mix it half and half with water. My chocolate is no sugar added dark. And my cocktails vodka soda with a splash of cran. Had a taste of a kommie, the other night and literally gagged it was soooo sweet.
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Me too :o) .... mcdonalds sweet tea had crack in it... i swear it. Everytime I went by there I just had to have one. At the end of January my goal was to cut out soda completely and just cut back on the amount of sweet tea I drank. I too have come to the point where the soda taste like pure garbage and the tea is no longer as tasty as it used to be, funny how that works... I used to drink it by the gallon. Also I noticed everything taste saltier too. Oh well makes it easier to cut back on it, now if I could only phase out chocolate.
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Great news! Keep it up - don't resurrect it now that it's dead!