Lack of Energy

Bethannny
Bethannny Posts: 66
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
What do you guys do when you're ready to workout, but just lack the energy to do so?

Replies

• Bugg207
    Bugg207 Posts: 13 Member
    Unfortunatly sometimes I just dont, but I have found that if I buckle down and do it I will feel better and have more energy for hours. That is a good motivator
  • You could get a coffee or something
    Usually if I'm not feeling it (almost NEVER the case) I just go, knock it out as fast as possible and go home. I usually work pretty hard at the gym, so if I take one day easy it's no biggie.
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    If it's really energy you lack, try energy boosting snacks like:
    1) 1/2 banana or apple slices with peanut butter
    2) whole grain crackers with hummus
    3) dried fruits and nuts (just a 1/4 cup or so)
    4) whole grain, high protein bar
    If it's lack of desire, will power, try:
    1) Planning it first thing in the morning
    2) Getting a buddy to do it with you so you are accountable
    3) Making a to-do list with it on there, and check it off each day.
    4) Choose a goal, like an upcoming 5K
    5) Try meditation or yoga, not sure why that works, but it helps.
  • cassy027
    cassy027 Posts: 7
    I usually drag myself to start and once I start I get into it. I know it's hard, but the payoff is worth it.
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    I usually just force myself to do it unless I'm feeling really sick (and I mean fever, sore throat, body aches, and/or chills) then I take it easy.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    I just go. I actually find that some of my most productive workouts occur when I'm reluctant. It's like I am rebelling against myself. Take that, me!
  • mzprayze
    mzprayze Posts: 7
    unfortunately that has been me for the past month or two, but I have decided instead of going to the gym...I'm going to the park and walk the dog. That way we both are exercising.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    I sit at my computer and procrastinate. Maybe look for some motivational videos on youtube of people working out. I make up a routine that seems interesting or fun to me, and then I get a caffeinated beverage and go. It's all about psyching myself up sometimes.
    Generally speaking, though, I go to lift weights early in the morning. I'm on a time budget then, so I just have to do it and get it over with. Nothing motivates me to workout harder than having a small window of opportunity.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    This happens to me a lot, especially when I'm either upset/frustrated/annoyed or I'm cold. Those are my emotional and physical triggers to avoid working out, but surprisingly the workout alway seems to help. I just tell myself that I'm going to start a workout at a specified time and I just push through and do it. Usually I start to get the motivation back during my warm-up and I end up really enjoying the workout. If you're mentally lacking the energy to do it, just go ahead and go, if it's more physical eat something, wait a bit and then go.
  • Bethannny
    Bethannny Posts: 66
    Thanks for all of the feedback! :) I took some of your guys' advice and pushed myself through a 45 minute jog.
This discussion has been closed.