where do i start?

Options
Hi all...

Im a newbie to this forum and wondered if anyone can help.

Im obviously wanting to loose weight, and start exercising regularly but im a severe asthmatic, to the point where i cant walk very far without being breathless and very wheezy..
iI have no idea where to start, can anyone help or point me int he right direction

thanks

Replies

• ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi again. I have asthma too but not as chronically.
    Some of the exercises that i can recommend are, swimming, lifting tin cans (beans etc), walking on the spot
    If i think of any more i'll be back.
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    are you taking any medication for asthma? Start small then work your way up when walking.
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    You already took the first step. You made a decision and started to use this website. Just keep taking one step at a time, you can't change overnight. Figure out a reachable goal (not eating certain foods, walking 3 times a week for 30 min, eating in a certain calorie level) and start working towards your overall goals for health and weight one small step at a time. Reading the forums and just checking out the different options will help you give you ideas and inspiration to keep going when it gets harder.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Maybe Yoga could work for you... it isn't too strenuous... mostly stretching.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You might look into "Walking Away the Pounds" or "Walk at Home" - these are actually the same person Leslie Sansone. Walking videos are great because you can ALWAYS go at your own pace and hit pause when you need a break. ExerciseTV.com has a couple of these (free) - you could view them to see if they are right for you. The workouts are called Start! Walking 1 Mile and Start! Walking 2 Miles. Comcast (onDemand) may have them too.

If you want to buy an inexpensive DVD to start (older Walking Away the Pounds) DVDs can often be found at TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Ross, & Tuesday Morning. Good Luck!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    pilates!!