Trouble

Options
I do very well with my diet all day (since i am at school), but the problem is, is when i get home. im having a hard time saying "no" to the convinient soda in the fridge. what can i do to help me stay out of the fridge and get in front of the tv to workout to some Jillian?

Replies

• talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Throw out the soda ;) Unless, like in my place, the soda is there for other people as well. Water is just as convenient as soda, it's almost even quicker to take and so much better. Or try uhm.. crystal clear, it's not bad for a soda and pretty much no calories.
  • nachisdoll
    nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    put a sign or a picture on ur fridge!!! i have a picture of myself 30lbs thinner it makes me think twice...i have a friend who has a sign on her fridge an cabinets
  • Walt75
    Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Remove said convenient soda from fridge. Throw said convenient soda in trash can. Tada!!!!
  • ReneeOfTheFae
    ReneeOfTheFae Posts: 117
    Options
    This might sound snarky, but just don't buy the soda. If you don't have the things that tempt you around, you can't eat/drink them. Also, if you're not getting motivated to work out to Jillian, find a workout to which you look forward. I had a lot of fun with a Bollywood dance video online the other day. Change things up and don't let yourself get bored and in a routine rut. Good luck!
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    This isn't going to help initially .... but I gave fizzy drinks up for lent - and now I just don't like them, they're too sugary and fizzy!!

Is there any way you could set yourself a 'don't drink them for X amount of time' challenge? Cause then you might find you've just gone off them completely!
  • royal_sevens
    Options
    thanks guys! but i cannot throw out the soda because other people in my household do drink it. but i think i might go crystal clear or water, thanks! just needed someone else to tell me otherwise!

the no soda for x amount of days is a good idea! i did do that once and it was a success. i'll be trying that...
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I got some of the Sparkling Ice water to help me wean off soda, and so far it's worked pretty well. I still have a Hansen's soda from time to time, but not nearly like I had been.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    This is called "self-control". It's part of being a healthy adult. Just because something is available, doesn't mean you have to avail of it.

You can say no to drugs, right? Excessive alcohol?

Remind yourself how mature you are being, and Just Say No.
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    Is there a way that you can not bring soda INTO the house? I don't know what your family consists of (hubby, kids, etc.), but I would eliminate the temptation from the beginning?

What if you carry a water bottle (I am joined at the hip..so to speak..with my 32 oz. Nalgene bottle) and chug on as much water as your bladder can stand until you get home?

My thought....good luck, and HANG IN THERE! :drinker:
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    This is called "self-control". It's part of being a healthy adult. Just because something is available, doesn't mean you have to avail of it.

You can say no to drugs, right? Excessive alcohol?

Remind yourself how mature you are being, and Just Say No.

Being the fact that this is a SUPPORT SITE, I would say that this member is looking for support and not, necessarily, to be slapped on the hand for a weakness that she is asking for help with. She's HERE, isn't she?

TO RUMORHASIT57: Keep ASKING for help when you need it and GIVE help when you can! Good luck, friend, on your journey! :drinker:
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Tell a friend (or two) at school that you're going to work out as soon as you get home and ask them to ask you about it the next day. Make sure your workout clothes/gear are all set out for you so when you get home you see them. Another idea (not the healthiest, but better than what you've been doing) is to "reward" yourself with a soda AFTER a workout. No workout, no soda.
    Also, keeping logging into MFP for support and ideas!
    -LP
  • royal_sevens
    Options
    thanks for the support! and i think i may tell a friend, that sounds like a good idea!