SOBE LIFE WATER ZERO CALORIESS????

Options
The calories on the bottle say 0. but there are 2.5 servings and 6 carbs per serving. so 6 X 2.5 servings is 15 carbs. 15 carbs is 60 calories right? If you have to time the carbs by 4? Im confused.. is this bottle actually 0 calories or 60???? I drink 2 or 3 of these a day and have always counted them as zero!!

Replies

• makeachange22
    makeachange22 Posts: 151
    Options
    usually if you log it into MFP they tend to know, or truthfully ask google.
  • VictorinoDennis
    Options
    I would try MFP also. that database is huge
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I actually did some research on this product awhile ago if you google it you can probably find it. The carbs are from the sugar alcohols and basically they 'cheat' the system a little bit because there's some rule about being below a certain amount of calories it's considered 0 cals.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I don't know. But I would just save money and drink tap water, it's probably better for you than whatever is in that bottle...
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I personally just log it here and go with it. I don't drink the tap water where I live because the pipes are more than 30 years old and the water tastes NASTY. I have a stash of bottled water for that.
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I drink aquafina grape and use Mio alot. As far as the artificial sweeteners go I bet NONE of them are good for you. I don't like plain water at all unless its straight out of a mountain spring. All "Clean" municipal water is full of chlorine or some other chemical that kills what ever is in it. If it kills whats in the water can it really be good for you? besides it makes the water taste bad.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    used to love the pear fuji apple . but its got a alot of carbs,
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    What one person said about sugar alcohols is part of it. The other part of it is that the FDA allows any food or drink to call itself 0 calories if a serving is less than five calories. Which means that there can still be a caloric amount in each serving, up to 4.99, essentially, and the product can still be labled as 0 calories. For example, a packet of Splenda is actually 4 calories, but it's labeled as 0 since it's under five. And that's also why an entire pickle has 10-15 calories, but some pickle labels have them magically listed as 0 calories - it's because those companies put the servingsize as just small enough to come in under the five calorie mark. e.g. 3/4 of a spear instead of a full spear on a jar of pickle spears

So, it's possible that you're getting up to 12.47 calories for that entire bottle (2.5 servings) but, by law, it couldn't be any more than that.