cake!

schnarfo
schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
edited September 26 in Recipes
Hello!

There is nothing I like more than a big wedge of cheese cake or a cupcake... or three with yummy frosting! We all know these foods are bad for us but I just cant give them up.

Does anyone have any recipes for making yummy cakey treats which are low cal? I dont mind using artificial sweetners in my food (i know some people are funny about that)

Replies

• ibelieveinlove7
    ibelieveinlove7 Posts: 27 Member
    We are experimenting with baking with almond flour and whole wheat flour... And artificial sweeteners - we buy Ideal and Erithrytol on amazon.... It helps us have the sweets but also keep the sugar and the bad carbs out. It has worked best when we substitute half of the sugar for artificial sugar. foodgawker.com is a great place to find recipes (some of them low sugar/cal!)
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Sugar Free Jello Poke Cake:

Ingredients:
    - 1 box pillsbury sugar free yellow cake mix
    - 1 can diet sprite, 7-up or sierra mist
    - 2 large boxes of sugar free jello mix
    - 1 container sugar free cool whip

Directions:
    1. Use the pop in place of the water, eggs and oil in the cake recipe. Combine and bake two round cake pans according to the box instructions.
    2. Let cool.
    3. Using a toothpick or a fork, poke a lot of random wholes throughout both cakes.
    4. Take 2 cups of boiling water and mix with the two jello boxes. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
    5. Pour the hot jello liquid over both cakes, making sure to cover all of the holes.
    6. Put in the fridge and let cool for 3 hours.
    7. Remove cakes from pan and stack on top of each other.
    8. Frost with cool whip and serve.

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/jell-o-poke-cake-69006.aspx

-Less than 200 calories a serving, and sugar-free!!

Total with 16 servings: 1981 calories 424 carbs 42 fat 28 protein
    Per 1/16 Serving: 124 calories 27 carbs 3 fat 2 protein

Healthy, Low Calorie Chocolate Cupcake Recipe (12 regular sized cupcakes)

1 cup flour (I used half whole wheat pastry flour and half all purpose flour)
    7/8 cup fructose (sugar or splenda)
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp salt (optional)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 cup pumpkin puree (banana puree or half can diet soda or applesauce or yogurt)
    1 egg white (optional)
    1/2 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1. Mix all dry ingredients together thoroughly.
    2. Add wet ingredients and beat/mix for 2 minutes.
    3. Put 12 cupcake liners in muffin tins and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
    4. Bake in oven from 17 to 25 minutes. Check with toothpick regularly.

Nutrition Facts per cupcake: (Made with fructose, pumpkin, vanilla and egg white)
    100 calories
    24 g carbohydrates
    1 g fat
    2 g protein

Low fat and moist, enjoy!

Note: I have not made it with the other options above, but I know that those are reasonable substitutions cupcake recipes. Other great additions would be 7 minute icing (which is the healthiest "normal" frosting made) or adding mini chocolate chips)

Also check out hungry-girl.com for some awesome low cal cupcake and muffin recipes.

I love to make a sugar free devil chocolate cake mix with pumpkin. Yum :smile:
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    bump
  • sam456
    sam456 Posts: 52 Member
    I have a recipe i came up with for low-fat cupcakes and fat free frosting: http://happyheartrecipes.blogspot.com/

look under desserts! My favorite is vanilla with lemon :)

- sam456
    Follow me on my blog!
    http://happyheartrecipes.blogspot.com/
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    I like to put lowfat vanilla yogurt, a spoonful or two of lowfat cream cheese and some of that sugar free fat free instant pudding powder in a blender, blend until smooth, and put a big dollop on top of strawberries, or sliced bananas or fresh cherries, it satisfies my cheesecake wishes.

I also have had luck, from my cheapo grad school days, in making chocolate cake with a box of mix and a can of pumpkin or applesauce.
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    GUILT FREE CHOCOLATE PUDDING !!!

http://girlwhobakes.blogspot.com/2011/04/guilt-free-lava-cake-for-one.html

its yummy! :) and only takes 15mins to cook x
This discussion has been closed.