Hello Everyone!!!!

Options
I've really enjoyed reading the messages on this site and wanted to introduce myself since you all seem so darn nice! I would have to say that most of my life I was lucky and had no weight issues at all. I was athletic and had a regular fitness routine.That is.....until a few years ago. I sustained an injury that kept me on crutches for 6 months and then I began eating, not for nutrition anymore, but because I was bored or for any reason at all!
I was in denial for a while I think, as I gained weight, because this was new and then I began feeling ashamed. Before you know it that begins the vicious cycle of feeling bad and eating to feel better!:sad:
During this time I found myself dating a guy I really liked and before I knew it we were planning a cruise with a large group of friends. I absolutely LOVE the water and traveling but do you know that my first thought was about my weight and being in a bathing suit?!? Now I had the looming date of the cruise and was determined lose the weight by that date. I hit the gym with full force and lost around 35 pounds in 3 months! I felt great! The cruise was fun and I felt comfortable in my skin again. Except......I had only focused on losing weight for this particular event and hadn't focused on doing this in a healthier way that would sustain the weight loss. Before you know it, that's right, I was back to my bad habits and surpassing my heaviest weight.
Now, it's a new day and a new philosophy. First, I'm not trying to lose weight because of an event or for someone else. I'm doing it for myself and because I want to be healthy. I also stopped not doing things because I felt fat. Like my good friend says, Yes you may feel fat but you still have to live! I am determined to keep on having fun and enjoying life WHILE I'm losing weight instead of thinking I have to lose the weight first before I can have fun and enjoy life. So far I'm down 19 pounds with 32 pounds to go for my goal weight.
At my doctor's recommendation, I joined this group to log my meals and exercise and as a bonus the posts are great too! Apparently, people who keep a record while losing weight do better so I'm all for it.
Well, that's a little about me.... I look forward to hearing everyone's stories, inspirations, challenges and more!

bla115 :flowerforyou:

Replies

• bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    I've really enjoyed reading the messages on this site and wanted to introduce myself since you all seem so darn nice! I would have to say that most of my life I was lucky and had no weight issues at all. I was athletic and had a regular fitness routine.That is.....until a few years ago. I sustained an injury that kept me on crutches for 6 months and then I began eating, not for nutrition anymore, but because I was bored or for any reason at all!
    I was in denial for a while I think, as I gained weight, because this was new and then I began feeling ashamed. Before you know it that begins the vicious cycle of feeling bad and eating to feel better!:sad:
    During this time I found myself dating a guy I really liked and before I knew it we were planning a cruise with a large group of friends. I absolutely LOVE the water and traveling but do you know that my first thought was about my weight and being in a bathing suit?!? Now I had the looming date of the cruise and was determined lose the weight by that date. I hit the gym with full force and lost around 35 pounds in 3 months! I felt great! The cruise was fun and I felt comfortable in my skin again. Except......I had only focused on losing weight for this particular event and hadn't focused on doing this in a healthier way that would sustain the weight loss. Before you know it, that's right, I was back to my bad habits and surpassing my heaviest weight.
    Now, it's a new day and a new philosophy. First, I'm not trying to lose weight because of an event or for someone else. I'm doing it for myself and because I want to be healthy. I also stopped not doing things because I felt fat. Like my good friend says, Yes you may feel fat but you still have to live! I am determined to keep on having fun and enjoying life WHILE I'm losing weight instead of thinking I have to lose the weight first before I can have fun and enjoy life. So far I'm down 19 pounds with 32 pounds to go for my goal weight.
    At my doctor's recommendation, I joined this group to log my meals and exercise and as a bonus the posts are great too! Apparently, people who keep a record while losing weight do better so I'm all for it.
    Well, that's a little about me.... I look forward to hearing everyone's stories, inspirations, challenges and more!

bla115 :flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings bla115...sounds like your on the right path now...I'm working toward goal and enjoying life too...like you hear so often, it is a lifestyle change, not a diet...I'm not going to quit once I reach goal...will switch to a maintenance plan...the food diary here is so valuable.

I'm currently @ 168 and goal is to loose about 40 prior to starting maintenance plan.

See you around this site...Teammate,
    Fat Dancer
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    Yes you are absolutely right, it doesn't stop at losing it, it just changes to maintenance which is where I tripped up last time. Can't wait for that stage now though!!!!:wink: