HRM ... 30 Day Shred PLEASE HELP!

lhurtubise
lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
I started the 30 day shred program yesterday and I bought a hrm specifically to keep track of exactly how many calories I was burning. So i go through the work out I am pouring sweat and incredibly proud that I finished the workout, Then I looked at my HRM and it says 28 calories burned. WTF? That can't be right. I don't understand. Yesterday when I did my step aerobics I burned 237 in that workout. I gave it my all again today. Do you think it is broken? Any advice would be appreciated!

Replies

• brazilian27
    brazilian27 Posts: 60
    it might be broken...or maybe you bought a bad one...which one do you have?
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    You should be getting close to what MFP says for 20 minutes of circuit. If you tell us the make and model of your HRM maybe someone here has the same one and would have a better idea of what might have gone wrong. :-/
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    What kind is it? If its the watch kind, you need to be pushing the heart rate button pretty frequently because your heart rate changes, and generally they don't track those fluctuations unless you push the button. If its the chest strap kind, then it could be broken.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Have you programmed it correctly with all your details..?
  • lhurtubise
    What kind is it? If its the watch kind, you need to be pushing the heart rate button pretty frequently because your heart rate changes, and generally they don't track those fluctuations unless you push the button. If its the chest strap kind, then it could be broken.

Oh... I didnt know you needed to push the heart rate button for it to work. I have the watch one until my new one with the chest strap comes in the mail.
  • lhurtubise
    Have you programmed it correctly with all your details..?

I did program it , but it is very possible I did it wrong. I will reread the manual.
  • lhurtubise
    I have the Sportline S7 ECG Heart Rate Watch ... If that helps! Thanks for the info!
  • ChunkyMonkey207
    ChunkyMonkey207 Posts: 96 Member
    I bought a cheap one at Walmart,did 45 min of zumba only for it to say,I burned 22 cal.I took it right back! You just dont have time to stop,press the button for heart rate lol..
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.