New - Do people include drinks in there log?

Options
Hey im new and was just wondering if people logged drinks such as tea/juice/alcohol ect x

Replies

• ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    If it's got calories, I log it.
  • candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome :-) and I do calories are calories
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If it has calories in it like soda, milk, juice etc I do.... Things like water, unsweetened tea and black coffee I do not.
  • makeachange22
    makeachange22 Posts: 151
    Options
    i do diet cokes, they dont even have calories its just to remind me. but if it's booze, or sweet juices / milk then yes i do.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    If it has calories, you should be logging it.

So alcohol absolutely should be logged, but I've seen that many people do not log that. They're only cheating themselves. I guess they fear being embarrassed about their alcohol use if others can see their diaries?

If you add anything with calories to your tea and coffee (milk, cream, sweetener) it should be logged. If it's caffeinated, I think you should log it because you may discover trends in the log. For example, if you're reaching for caffeine at 3PM every day, maybe you're tired at that time and need to tweak your nutrition plan or get more sleep.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Same as what the other person said, if it has calories it gets logged. Generally I don`t log diet pop, that`s about it. You can log your water in the little glass at the bottom of your food diary. Water and milk are pretty much all I drink.
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Alcohol and juice especially have high calories, so definitely log it. I don't log things like Crystal Light simply because the calories are very low and I know how much it in a serving.
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I log everything including water, pop, alcohol, fruits, veggies, gum, and all other things with calories...it really helps me to be honest with myself! Good luck and feel free to add me!!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    yes, 1. it helps me keep an eye on my fluid consumption (black decaf coffee, juice, diet caffeine free drinks) and 2, all calories count, whether eaten or drunk
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    log everything and anything.
  • lnosgood
    lnosgood Posts: 92
    Options
    Even if it's diet soda it still has sodium in it so i log it! I log everything. =)
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I log all my drinks - plain water, flavoured water, fizzy juice, milk, etc as I feel its all part of my daily intake no matter the amount of calories
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I mostly drink water these days instead of juice & pretty much never have pop. I log milk/almond milk when i use it. When i do have beer, wine, etc, i most definitely log it. It's calories (empty calories, really) & it needs to be logged in order for this whole thing to work. On days when i know i'm going to have a few drinks, i try to work out a little more.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    YES all drinks! Including Pops or sports drinks or non calories waters ect. These things will make a huge impact on your eating. Water is the best to have teas as well. I would log it all calories or not.
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Liquid calories stack up fast!!
  • georgiajuly
    georgiajuly Posts: 126
    Options
    So alcohol absolutely should be logged, but I've seen that many people do not log that. They're only cheating themselves. I guess they fear being embarrassed about their alcohol use if others can see their diaries?
    I thought of this also. It's wise to be honest with oneself about alcohol use. That said, a number of my friends & relatives are teetotalers, and even the occasional glass of wine is verboten. For those hoping to keep the peace, perhaps they could enter their favorite beverages as recipes, with code names, like "sweet tea #1" or whatever, and enter the appropriate number of calories?
    Just a thought.
  • gagejennifer
    Options
    I do. Even if its water, Dr Pepper or Sprite ....or Milk. LOL.
  • dmkaiser83
    dmkaiser83 Posts: 89
    Options
    If it goes in my body, I log it. it has helped me catch on to where the extra calories are hiding! I log sleep, workouts, keep a to do list! if i don't stay organized I will fail.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I log my water in the water section and any other drink that contains calories under the meal I am drinking it.