Walmart

Options
JJtexasgirl
JJtexasgirl Posts: 106 Member
Maybe braving the Walmart frontier should be an exercise group. I mean, every time I go there, I end up walking in circles because they keep moving things. Or maybe the calorie burn comes from sprinting to the car to avoid the crazies there?

Replies

• MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    :laugh: This. Is. Awesome. I currently live in a tiny town, where about the only place you can buy stuff is WM. Everything you've said is so true!!!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I hate walmart! But they have everything....so i go anyway! but that doesnt mean I hate it any less!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    It is like a "Neccesary Evil". :devil:
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Walmart scares me.
    And their produce is never good around here.
    Meijer for the win!
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    You are too funny :laugh:

I know what you mean...I'm still not used to the new store layouts and it never fails...I'll go to the non-grocery side, then the grocery side and there's always something I forgot back on the other side! Oh, well...it's more exercise right?
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I HATE Walmart!! I do everything I can to stay away!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    I HATE Walmart!! I do everything I can to stay away!

I'm with you! i haven't set foot in one in over 4 years and only once in the last 10 (on our roadtrip across the united states from california to rhode island, we needed an SD card and it was the only store available; apparently they had already wiped out all small businesses in the vicinity).
  • ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Walmart scares me.
    And their produce is never good around here.
    Meijer for the win!

I love the produce at Meijer!
  • ruffledviolet
    ruffledviolet Posts: 260
    Options
    LOL I looked for grocery shopping in cardio exercises like 2hrs ago. i spent hours in shop rite trying to find the yogurt, jelly/preserves, and salad dressing with the least amount of sugar. anyway, i'm sure i burned more calories than my 30min workout of going around the block a few times.
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I hate Walmart, and love it, at the same time.. lol. Just got back from there actually, too many crazy people!! But I need to save money, and Walmart is great for that. I just got back from there and logged an hour's worth of walking from that. :)
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever go there, but just today went there to pick up some plastic tackle boxes to use to organize my oil pastels. I digress. Anyway...in the parking lot, when I was walking from my car to the store, I saw a mother goose bravely leading a trio of baby geese slowly across the way in, narrowly avoiding being run over. There was little I could do but watch and try to put myself in the oncoming path of inattentive drivers as they waddled along. The geese made their way under a parked car and that's when I noticed the crazy. An odd looking type had stopped as he came out of the store and also noticed the little geese. He looked like a mountain man, grizzled I guess you would say. He opened the tailgate door of his Chevy Blazer and rummaged through some junk until he got a plastic bag. He then proceeded to try and flush out the geese. I wondered, was it to grab one, or all of them? And for what purpose? Now instead of merely warding off cars I found myself thinking, am I gonna have to tangle with this hombre to save some defenseless geese from being bird-napped? I stopped, and just stared down the guy. He noticed me looking, turned around, got back in his car and drove off. I made sure the geese finally reached the safety of a nearby field and that the "bag man" did not return. Sigh. Just another day at Walmart, I suppose.
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever go there, but just today went there to pick up some plastic tackle boxes to use to organize my oil pastels. I digress. Anyway...in the parking lot, when I was walking from my car to the store, I saw a mother goose bravely leading a trio of baby geese slowly across the way in, narrowly avoiding being run over. There was little I could do but watch and try to put myself in the oncoming path of inattentive drivers as they waddled along. The geese made their way under a parked car and that's when I noticed the crazy. An odd looking type had stopped as he came out of the store and also noticed the little geese. He looked like a mountain man, grizzled I guess you would say. He opened the tailgate door of his Chevy Blazer and rummaged through some junk until he got a plastic bag. He then proceeded to try and flush out the geese. I wondered, was it to grab one, or all of them? And for what purpose? Now instead of merely warding off cars I found myself thinking, am I gonna have to tangle with this hombre to save some defenseless geese from being bird-napped? I stopped, and just stared down the guy. He noticed me looking, turned around, got back in his car and drove off. I made sure the geese finally reached the safety of a nearby field and that the "bag man" did not return. Sigh. Just another day at Walmart, I suppose.

The hero of the day! Nice work.
  • ruffledviolet
    ruffledviolet Posts: 260
    Options

rofl :D
    much appreciated.
  • littleEj
    littleEj Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's like Seinfeld said "I'm going into wal mart for shampoo. you're going in for a suit"
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Walmart SUCKS haha. I cannot stand that place! Sadly... It's next door to my gym -_- Convenience.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Around here, if you can't find what you need inside Wal-Mart, you can probably find it in the parking lot from somebody selling stuff out of there trunk. That is scary!
    I too, love Meijer, they have the best tasting milk!
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have made the choice to not shop at Walmart any more. I am sick of how their employees act, the carts are always broken, their "rollbacks" are fake. Seriously. Diapers went from being 14 up to 16 with a rollback of 15. I want the first price back please. Nothing makes me more angry then trying 3 or 4 different carts and they are broken. They either go to one side or the wheels make terrible noises. The employees lately have been very rude and unhelpful. I have not been to walmart in over a month. We now are giving our business to Hannaford and our local butcher shop. Once summer is here we will be giving our business to the local farmer stands.