So how to you guys do it?

I personally never have trouble eating up my exercise Cals, but I don't think I ever burn more than about 300. I know I can burn more, but I don't really have much opportunity to do things like ride my bike. :cry:

Anyway, back on topic, for those of you who do burn like 1,000 Cals through exercise, how to you eat all/most of them? I'm assuming that you don't rack up a bunch of really high Cal foods(which I admit, I'd be tempted to do, lol.)

So, on average, how much of your exercise Cals are you able to eat back, and what do you eat?

Replies

• I personally never have trouble eating up my exercise Cals, but I don't think I ever burn more than about 300. I know I can burn more, but I don't really have much opportunity to do things like ride my bike. :cry:

Anyway, back on topic, for those of you who do burn like 1,000 Cals through exercise, how to you eat all/most of them? I'm assuming that you don't rack up a bunch of really high Cal foods(which I admit, I'd be tempted to do, lol.)

So, on average, how much of your exercise Cals are you able to eat back, and what do you eat?
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    I personally never have trouble eating up my exercise Cals, but I don't think I ever burn more than about 300. I know I can burn more, but I don't really have much opportunity to do things like ride my bike. :cry:

I eat most of mine--at least 80-85% at least if not more.

Nuts are great for that--and good for you. PB is great, too.

There's plenty of things you can eat to get your calories in.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    I second that I always reach for nuts when I have had a high calorie workout burn, avocado and cheese as well right???
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    I can only manage a short walk or run a couple times a week, unfortunately-- so the most I've ever earned is around 300-- which I had NOOOOOOOOO problem ingesting. My biggest problem right now is very limited time to exercise so I'm trying to be anal about sticking to the 1,200.
  • Kirsti
    Kirsti Posts: 53
    I did my tae bo dvd today (well a half hour of it :embarassed: ) and that burned 360cal alone! BUt I can't help with eating your exercise cals cause I have no problem there.... it's a battle for me not to eat everything within my line of vision:wink:
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Frozen yogurt
    Veggie Pizza with reduced cheese
    Fruit Smoothies
    Crustless Pumpkin Pie (recipe on MFP boards)
    Homemade oatmeal
    Almonds (wish I could--daughter allergic to nuts!)
    Whole Wheat Pasta with Veggies

I rarely have a problem getting my cals and I exercise 300-400 more a day. I don't eat ALL of my cals as I don't have an HRM and I would rather be a little under than over.
  • hmm thought this would be a good place to say this.. Lol.. I didnt think you were supposed to eat back the calories you burned off and that's why you burned them off in the first place? This is all so confusing but now that i know im supposed to eat them back it will not be a problem :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    I usually work out early in the morning and then just add a little more to each meal and have a few more healthy snacks throughout the day. That usually gets enough in. I also enjoy a nice FULL cup of light ice cream on those days!!
  • thanks for the link!!!