30 day shred!!! :) :)

Options
2»

Replies

• JessieAnneMarie
    Options
    what weights do you recomend for 30 day shred?!!? also if you want to start this with me you should add me and ill post every once in awhile so we can compare and help motivate eachother to get through it!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 of Shred and love it.. already noticing a difference but I won't officially do my measurements for another 5 days. I log it in as general circuit training but I also do 30-60 min cardio on top of 30DS. I use 2lb dumb bells, however I am thinking about increasing the weight to 4 or 5lbs.
  • roballesteros
    roballesteros Posts: 140
    Options
    I just finished the 10th day of 30 Day Shred. The first 2-3 days were hard and I definitely felt it the next day. I did noticed my thighs were more toned just after !0 days so I measured and I have lost 1/2 inch on each!!! YAY! I used 5 lb weights but you can also use 3 lb wieghts. I am starting level 2 tomorrow, I will probably be soar all over again. I also run at least 3 miles 6 days a week and continued to do that even through the 10 days I did 30 DS. I have not noticed any addtional weight loss than just the regular 1lb a week I've been losing, Good Luck!
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    OK, count me in...I tried the shred a while back and just couldn't get into it. Now I've lost a few pounds and I know I'm in better shape so maybe I can handle it better.

I will continue to go to the gym 5 or so days a week...
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to take your measurement and take skin revealing pictures before you start it that way you can see a difference at the end. I have down all three levels but not for 30 days. When you think you have mastered level 1 move on to level 2 and so on. Sometimes I do level 1 and 2 together. I have 5 lbs weights but if you haven't been using weights you might want to start off with 3 or 4 lbs. You will be sore but it is a good sore the next day. For me it was my thighs but others have complained about their arms. Just give it 100% and keep pushing it. Have your water close by and remote so you can hit pause. I do it when I can't go to the gym. You will be cursing Jillian out. But I can see a difference in me and it is totally worth it! I do notice that my knees are sore from the squats. Make sure your form is right. Good luck! I'm sending you a friend request.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I bought the 30 day shred a while ago. I am going to use it everyday this month. I did a challenge last month to workout for 24 hours, but I didn't meet it. So I am doing that again this month, plus the 30 day shred everyday.
  • JessieAnneMarie
    Options
    Alright ladys im going to start tommorrow morning doing the 30 day shred:) Level 1 .. I figured its a monday and ill be able to weigh and measure myself tommorrow morning for best results..since its the end of the day!!! If you are starting tommorrow look on my profile for a second thread or updates on how it went!! Good luck :) im soo excited! Also I guess I can do a weekly check in so just keep looking out for threads.. Ill call it May 30DS group!! :)
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I just did bought mine this week. I did a trial run through it the other day and did my first real workout today. Would love to join you for support and motivation.
  • JessieAnneMarie
    Options
    okay I started a new thread to update on! :) add me and its on my profile under May 30DS group! Thanks
  • cstark54
    cstark54 Posts: 9
    Options
    Started 30 day shred yesterday 4/30/11. Day 1 was much easier than today day 2. I was really sore. Added you as a friend, Can't wait to see how everyone else does. Started with 5 lbs weights. Plan on doing 30 day shred before work and hitting the gym after work........ we will see how it goes! Best of luck to everyone!
  • rosey808
    rosey808 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    How long is the workout?
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    I am waaaaaaay too tired to shred tonight! I did 30 mins on the treadmill and 45 mins of step aerobics at my gym today...6 smokes for the day today....and I'm ready for bed!